Plastic Tote Bag

happy stitcher

What department was this in? Did you go ISO this or did you stumble upon it?

DH went in search of it. I just happened to be there. I don't know if all Lowe's are set up the same way, but it was just past the paint dept near the dog run pulley things. They had some nylon cording there, too - but I have some Omega, and that's very similar.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people make with it! :clap

your bag is great! how big is it? i'd like to know so i'll know how much to buy. my husband works for lowes and got a big laugh when i told him that the women were going to storm the stores looking for dazzle twine.

I just measured for you. When it's laying flat, the width is about 15 inches, and the height (without straps) is 12 inches.

The foundation chain is 33 sc.

The straps have a little bit of a graduating bottom, so that they're larger at the base of each strap, but then the strap itself is 8 HDC wide.

The good thing about it is that if you get near the end and find that you need one more ball to finish, you don't need to be worried about finding the same dye lot and it'll only cost you a dollar! :lol

I love that bag! And even though making the plastic bag yarn is a great way to recycle, it takes a while to save up enough bags and it's a bit of work to get them all cut up and tied together.

I bet that would make a perfect beach bag since it's nylon you could just hose it off if it gets too sandy and it's a lot prettier than those white plastic basket type beach totes. (You know which ones I mean :))

Archived