Another Big Lots Find!

I have never been to Big Lots before, but I saw someone here with a post on a great deal on some yarn, so I googled a store near me, and google mapped my way over there. They had six big boxes of Lion Brand and Paton yarn for a buck each! I about lost it, but looked through, and repressed the urge to buy everytlhing. I spent $24 and got twenty-four skeins! Paton's Chi Chi, Paton's Lacette in a yummy plum, and Bernat Lu-Lu in Lime. I know the Lacette in particular is usually about 5.99 to 5.99 a skein and I got 9! Here's a little picture of my stash.

IMG_2560.jpg

I was arranging my yarn for the portrait when my hubby came home and found me. CAUGHT in the act! Oh well!:blush

Awesome deal! I was JUST at Michaels and was looking at the Lacette in a nice pink color and you are right! It was $5 a small skein. I didn't end up buying it for that reason.

I noticed that Big Lots regularly has the Lacette, so for anyone who likes it, keep checking back with them now and again. The normal price for that is high, and it's always $1 at the Big Lots here.

I noticed that Big Lots regularly has the Lacette, so for anyone who likes it, keep checking back with them now and again. The normal price for that is high, and it's always $1 at the Big Lots here.

Thanks for the update! The 9 skeines of Lacette I got were even in the same dye lot!

Great buy! I wish our Big Lots had more of these bargains... what I found last week was not enough of any one color of anything I liked... bunch of fun fur, or wierd stuff I would never use. And it was all jumbled up into a couple bins... if I had started digging through it, there would have been a puddle of yarn on the floor! I may check out the bigger store next week.. but it's so crowded and disorganized, the last time I went I found no yarn at all!

Great!! I was in our Big Lots the other day checking out their yarn. Boy, was I disappointed!! I think they're doing away with their yarn now that summer is coming. They just had a few of odds and ends. Not enough to make any kind of project!!

I just got some bernat lulu also in lime. The big lots here had the lacette as well, but in a light pink and lavendar colors. They had been out of yarn for the last couple of weeks, but this week they got in lots of lion brand, as well as patons and bernat. All of the yarn I saw at big lots was either $1.00 or $1.50. And they are much more than that in Michael's, I don't think any of it was less than 4.99.

Ohhhh, I'm so jealous! I SO wish we had a Big Lots near us, but we don't! We do have a Dollar Tree where I can get Lion Brand novelty yarns for $1 each, but one can only use so much ribbon yarn (I bought 18 skeins the last time they had it in October and am just now making a tank top for myself with some of it) or ladder yarn. I wish they'd have something USEFUL that I could use for an afghan or something wearable! It's nice to be able to get the bargains, but novelty yarn is so limited in its uses.

I found some awesome Lion Brand yarn there, the really thick stuff. I was beside myself, as one of the ladies I work with wanted a shawl for her mother and LB discontinued it. I bought every skein ($2.00 each)!

You people who find yarn at Big Lots and Dollar Tree are SO lucky! I checked out Big Lots a while back... nothing there I could use. Checked out Dollar Tree stores last week... one doesn't have any yarn at all, and the bigger one had a couple small bins of fun fur. I have been looking and looking for some ribbon yarn... cannot find it anywhere. Guess I'll have to substitute... because I'm not paying $20 a ball for it online...!

Archived