Spam

What's with the spam I'm seeing posted these past couple of days? Maybe I'm just timing it "right," but I've seen two on the board today and 1 or 2 the other day. I typically read/lurk late afternoon and way late in the night and I've never seen this before.

A big thank you to the lucky ducky who gets to clean up :eek Thanks for keeping the board clean. This is one of the main reasons I like it so much here at Crochetville, the boards are great!

Just curious.

annie

Amy does a great job keeping these boards free of spam. I used to moderate an RPG board and it was a tough job keeping the spam away. Big giant :hug and :manyheart to Amy for doing such a great job.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Amy does a great job keeping these boards free of spam. I used to moderate an RPG board and it was a tough job keeping the spam away. Big giant :hug and :manyheart to Amy for doing such a great job.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I absolutely agree. It gets on here, and then is taken off very quickly.

Yeah, the spammers often wait until night, then come join and start posting something to sell or do those crackpot "come look at my sexy pictures" routine.

To report these, go up to the top right corner of the page and you'll see a white triangle surrounded with a red edge. It has a 1 in the center of it. Tap on that to report anything nasty or that obviously does not belong here.

It seems to come in spurts. But we get a LOT here (as all boards do). If you see any message you feel is prohibited, just click on the red triangle with the number 1 inside at the top right of the message. Then write why you feel the message is prohibited. It'll go directly to the administrators for disposition.

It may not have been removed as quickly this time as I read on another thread Amy is out of town this week and Donna has been having major computer problems. We are so spoiled because they both do such a wonderful job of keeping this a nice place.

I'm pretty certain you didn't misunderstand my original post, but because I'm a little edgy these days I'd like to say, please, please don't misunderstand my original post. I am most certainly not complaining about the spam or remarking on the length of time it was posted. I was just curious to see posts like these a couple of days in a row. It's not something I ever saw on this board before. That's why I do enjoy the 'ville, it's just nice. I like nice! :manyheart

annie

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I agree! And not just with spam control. Amy does a wonderful job of moderating these boards in every way. Never before have I belonged to a site where it was just pure pleasure to come and post because thanks to Amy, problems here are just nonexistent! :)

I'm pretty certain you didn't misunderstand my original post, but because I'm a little edgy these days I'd like to say, please, please don't misunderstand my original post. I am most certainly not complaining about the spam or remarking on the length of time it was posted. I was just curious to see posts like these a couple of days in a row. It's not something I ever saw on this board before. That's why I do enjoy the 'ville, it's just nice. I like nice! :manyheart

annie

Nope, no misunderstandings. We're always just very happy for a chance to thank Amy for doing such a wonderful job.

As for feeling edgy, we all get that way sometimes :hug. Take the advice my 14yr old DD gives me when I get that way. "Take two balls of yarn and call me in the morning."

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

annie

I didn't take it as complaining just more of a wondering what was going on since we rarely see spam on here. I just wanted you to know that Amy was out of town and Donna was having computer problems so they weren't able to weed out the spam as quickly as they usually do.

Archived