Spring Swing Dress 12-24 mo

Shellie

I just want to make sure. I am at the skirt part, the first row of dc, row 4, a cluster for this pattern is 2 dcs, then ch 1, sk 1 sc?

I'm working on making a size 4. I used an I hook for the bodice and increased the body row from 16 rows to 20 which gave me 5.5 inches length instead of 4 and I did the straps the same way as the pattern. Now I am at the skirt part. I did the first 3 rows with an I hook, but am thinking it might be too full. I'm going to do 7 rows to see how it looks.

Suck a cute pattern. I'm hoping I can get the dress done in time for Easter.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to make sure. I am at the skirt part, the first row of dc, row 4, a cluster for this pattern is 2 dcs, then ch 1, sk 1 sc?

I'm working on making a size 4. I used an I hook for the bodice and increased the body row from 16 rows to 20 which gave me 5.5 inches length instead of 4 and I did the straps the same way as the pattern. Now I am at the skirt part. I did the first 3 rows with an I hook, but am thinking it might be too full. I'm going to do 7 rows to see how it looks.

Suck a cute pattern. I'm hoping I can get the dress done in time for Easter.

First of all I am VERY excited that you were able to make it with the pattern I wrote since I am not so great at those. lol

I am sorry I forgot to put how to make a cluster in the pattern instructions, I am still pretty new to this. The cluster is four dcs in the same stitch, leaving the last two loops on the hook each time. At the end you go through all the loops on the hook.

The row is (dc, ch 1, sk next sc, cluster, ch 1, sk next sc) repeat. The first st is ch 4 which makes the first dc, ch 1 set. If this is not clear PLEASE don't hesitate to write back.

And remember, since this is for a four year old you need to either put a slip under or better yet find a matching thin cotton and sew a liner. I found the matching colors for the two older girl skirts.

I think all of the skirts can be made with the F or even G because you increased up above. Its a pretty full skirt so I don't think its going to get too tight.

Is the pattern for size 4 already available? If so where I can I find it?

Thank you,

Emily

I'm sorry for any confusion, I am still on the six year old dress so I don't have the four year old going yet. The crocheter I was talking to just used a bigger hook to up the measurements. :)

I'm sorry for any confusion, I am still on the six year old dress so I don't have the four year old going yet. The crocheter I was talking to just used a bigger hook to up the measurements. :)

Thanks Shellie for this great pattern. I am going to make the original for a coworkers little girl's first birthday, and when it is available I will make the size 6 for my grandaughter.

I love all the helpful notes you included and really appreciate your generousity.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I love love love this pattern. I am working on it for my daughter right now, and have the bodice finished. I will hopefully have it finished tomorrow, minus buttons, as I can't get to the store until later. I will post a pic when I finish!

A co-worker is finding out what she's having today. I'm hoping for a girl so I can make this for her :lol Another co-worker is going to make an afghan and I don't want mom-to-be to get 2 afghans from 2 people she works with.

• 4 weeks later...
Okay when you say you use Pound of Love and a fingering weight yarn do you use them together or seperate?

I just used the fingering yarn for the contrast color to give it a more delicate look. :)

I want to start this, but I have a question about the pattern stitch. After row 2 of the pattern stitch, do I keep working around the ch-1s, or do I work into the sc's on the odd rows?

I am not sure I understand your question. :)

The pattern though is sc around the ch-1's and ch-1 after the sc's. That's no matter what row you are on. If this doesn't help please don't hesitate to ask!

I am not sure I understand your question. :)

The pattern though is sc around the ch-1's and ch-1 after the sc's. That's no matter what row you are on. If this doesn't help please don't hesitate to ask!

That's exactly what I was asking, thanks.

Sorry for not sounding clearer.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the pattern calls for 3 different hook sizes, one is for fingering weight contrast, I don't see anywhere that gives you which of the other 2 to use where...anyone made this that can help me out?

I'd like to make one for an 18 month size.

TIA

I see the pattern calls for 3 different hook sizes, one is for fingering weight contrast, I don't see anywhere that gives you which of the other 2 to use where...anyone made this that can help me out?

TIA

Oops! Let me check my pattern and fix that for you. lol

TIA

I am sooooooo sorry, it was my first written pattern. You use E for the contrast if its fingering yarn. I used H for the bodice and F for the skirt. I'll fix the pattern but that should help. lol It fits all the way from a one to a two year old. The straps adjust. :)

I am sooooooo sorry, it was my first written pattern. You use E for the contrast if its fingering yarn. I used H for the bodice and F for the skirt. I'll fix the pattern but that should help. lol It fits all the way from a one to a two year old. The straps adjust. :)

Thank you Shellie! I appreciate the quick response. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Shellie, you have created an amazing dress and I will be making it for my grand daughters one is 4yrs old and one is 7yrs old...Can't wait to see your 6 yr old pattern and the 4 yr old.

I am thrilled that you are sharing with us...CV people are great.:cheer:clap

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few other projects I have to get finish for my son's birthday and a friend's. But then I'm going to make one of these for me daughter. I just love it. A friend is due at the end of July and she's asked that I make one for her daughter. I would love to make it in a 0-3 month size, any chance some one has done this and can give me the changes?

Archived