Drew's Designs for Red Heart

sakurasaku

This may be old news (it was the first time I saw these), but I saw three Red Heart booklets at a local Wal-Mart today, all with a design by Drew inside. I bought the one for afghans designed for Red Heart Super Saver. His design is really unique and eye-cathing. Right along design giants like Melissa Leapman, too!

I was happy to see that they printed the designer's name for each pattern. The designers should definitely get the recognition for their creativity, IMHO.

Dude, we are so proud of you, and we keep cheering you on your road to greater success. :cheer

I know what you mean! Drew, I LOVE your designs and I searched high and low for weeks until I could find a copy of the "Cozy Cofy Home" book that has your green flower afghan in it (don't remember the name right now). It isn't just an afghan, it is a piece of art and I can't wait to get my hooks moving.

Sara

I saw them the other day in our WM. The green one is pretty.. if a bit bright, but that's the yarns fault, not Drew's... :D

I felt like saying.. "Hey, I know that designer!!", but I was all alone .. no one to talk to.

I know what you mean! Drew, I LOVE your designs and I searched high and low for weeks until I could find a copy of the "Cozy Cofy Home" book that has your green flower afghan in it (don't remember the name right now). It isn't just an afghan, it is a piece of art and I can't wait to get my hooks moving.

Sara

Yes, that's the one I bought, "Crochet & Knit Cozy Comfy Home" featuring RHSS. The one by Drew is called "flower buds throw" and is a very pretty and unique design. when I first saw it, I was afraid that it was made up of motifs (I hate joining them), but it is done in all one big piece with an edging added around it. The mind boggles as to how he came up with the stitch pattern.

The booklet also has some great patterns by other designers, and it's a good value at less than $4. Two of the eight designs are knitted.

• 8 months later...

Archived