Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival May 7&8 2005

HollyM

You know what, That sounds like loads of fun! Guess what, It's only 40 minutes from my house. :bad I might see about going with my daughter or a friend from here. Wouldn't it be great if a couple of us could meet when we all get there?!?!?

I just now saw this, guess I better start reading all catogories!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

K. Anne ~ when you said eastern Maryland, I thought... huh?? :P Because to me, eastern Maryland is the Eastern Shore, the bit on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay. :lol But I can see how someone living where you are might consider the Frederick/Columbia area eastern. The good news is, Mapquest says Hagerstown is ony about 50 minutes/50 miles from West Friendship where the festival is. And it's all Interstate travel!

Hah! Donna, I had the same reaction as you when I read K. Anne's comment! :D!

[also grew up in MD, currently live just barely on the other side of the Potomac.]

I am so excited because they updated the site the other day and now they have detailed schedules and vendor lists! :clap

I can't wait for the festival! Now I'm not sure if I am going to make it to King of Prussia in April for CGOA Regional...

-jess

• 1 month later...

So... who is going to MDS&W? What day? What are you most looking forward to?

I'm all excited about it again (can you tell?) ... I need to make up a budget and a list of things I want. I realized that I am going to be very, very tempted to buy a wheel while I'm there and I am not allowed. :lol

I just confirmed with my friends, so I'll be there for sure!!! :yay

We're going to be staying at the hotel Friday & Sat night. We'll be there all day Sat for sure, then we'll make up our minds if we want to go back on Sunday or not.

This is my first time going, but 2 of the friends I"m going with have been before so they know the ropes :sweat

Being Mother's Day weekend is perfect timing, I told DH he doesn't have to worry about buying me any presents for once :devil

Holly

• 2 weeks later...

From today!!! Woohooo!!! :clap

So who's definitely going? Jess, you are, right?

Donna? Elizabeth? Are you guys going to make the trek?

I'm there for sure! I'll be carrying my Crochetville "Hungry Husband" tote bag so I should be easy to spot :hi My friends & I are staying Friday & Saturday night.

I'm going to be scouting for a new wheel. I don't have my heart set on one particular kind, I'm just keeping my eyes out for the one that says "You must have me!!!" at a price that says "You *can* have me":lol

I want to see some of the sheepdog competitions and I want to watch the sheep to shawl competition. DH is terrified I'm going to come home with a sheep :2sheep I think I'll make him nervous by leaving out some research on livestock keeping rules :devil

Holly

So who's definitely going? Jess, you are, right?

Sure am! I'm so excited, too! :clap

I'm only going up Saturday -- it's not too far from where I live (just over an hour away), but I am planning to be there all day. I love to watch the sheep and the herding and the shearing demonstrations ... I really can't wait!

DH also wants me to pick up some lamb meat/cheese and if they have it, goat. We'll see what happens with that (it takes away from my space for roving and yarn and spindles!).

I'm going to be scouting for a new wheel. I don't have my heart set on one particular kind, I'm just keeping my eyes out for the one that says "You must have me!!!" at a price that says "You *can* have me":lol

I'm going to be wheel shopping as well. I do have a few in mind, but we'll see what happens. I may just pick up some spindles and a ton of new stuff to spin. :devil

I plan to be in one of my new Crochetville shirts and carrying the fulling tote... :D

I would like to say for sure I am going.. I have had some stuff come up here that has to be taken care of.. and it looks like its going to happen .. i would just hate to commit then have to bail at last minute.. so my going will be a lst minute surprise.. just know I am doing every thing i can to try to make it !!!

I really need to get friends that are into this stuff! Cause I wanna go! *L* and the hubby would definitely not be keen on going with me!

Where are you in NoVA? :)

[i'm in Arlington.]

It's only about an hour and fifteen minutes from here... :)

I'm in Ashburn (although A Frederick, MD transplant).

Ah! [i'm a Rockville/Germantown, MD transplant by way of Atlanta and Seattle... DH refused to move to MD when we moved back here.]

Hope you find a way to make it! I think there's a SnB group in the Ashburn area, I'm sure some of those people are going... :)

Actually I haven't checked for an SnB out here. We jsut moved (from the Annapolis area) 3 weeks ago. I always wanted something to go to Annapolis-and there wasn't anything!

*l* We should be in Arlington thugh! Since both the hubby and I work in DC and out in the Fairfax area (we're both contrctors so we work in 2 locations)-but we're country fans--so we bear the commute

Bummer Donna!

Sure you won't reconsider??? My friend Joy is packing the makings for the *meanest* mudslides you have ever tasted :lol

Hehehe, just kidding. Well, not about the mudslides....

Maybe next year!

Holly

Archived