Trapezoid Poncho

kusine

Jessica, what yarn did you use for your poncho? I know your pattern says to use a light, fingering weight yarn but I'm wondering would Microspun work? I have tons of it and I think it would look great for your poncho. Microspun is a ultra soft microfiber sports yarn, but it's so light I would think it classifies as fingering weight. What do you all think?

BTW....gorgeous poncho! I plan on making one.

Thanks.

Basically, you can use any weight you want, just vary the foundation chain in groups of five. If you look at the notes at the bottom of the pattern, you can see exactly what yarn I used.

I think Shari used microspun for hers and said it came out nicely, though she thought the yarn was a pain to work with!

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes!

Thanx for the info, Jessica. I'll post a picture when it's done. Microspun can be a pain to work with because the threads tend to unravel at the wrong time but it's so nice & soft when a finished item so I don't mind having to watch each stitch. Thanx again!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note- I made the TRapezoid poncho out of Paton's Brilliant yarn, and gave it to the wife of a Country Music Artist. She wore the Poncho to and at the Grand Ole Opry (Nashville) the night her husband made his Opry debut. (Last Sat) She also wore the poncho to many other events during the CMAmusic festival last week- I wass honored that she thought enough of it to wear it for these events. I'm also very thankful for the great pattern!!!!!!!!!It was a hit!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived