I love this yarn crochet pattern help

danielsmom81

Question

:bang:thair:sigh I bought the new I love this yarn from hobby lobby the other day just for the pattern on the bundle; However after trying to work it and then asking friends for help; none of us can figure it out; I was wondering if any of you had had any problems with the patterns? The one Im trying is the scalloped edge scarf. Any help would be appreciated!:crocheting

:valday

thanks again in advance

Samantha

15 answers to this question

:thinkWe do not all have the pattern you are talking about so it will be most unlikely that anyone can help you without it.

:thinkYou need to give more details, like, what is it you are making?

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

CH 25

ROW 1: dc2 in the 5th ch, ch3, dc2 in the 6th ch, ch6, insert the hook in 10th ch, ch6, dc2 in 14th ch, ch3, dc2 in 15th ch, ch6, insert hook in 19th ch, ch6, dc2 in 23rd ch, ch3, dc2 in 24th ch.

ROW 2: ch4, dc2 in first rows 3ch ring, ch 3, dc2 in next 3 chain ring, ch5 insert hook in first rows 6 ch ring, ch6, insert hook in the next 6 ch ring, ch 5, dc2 in the last 3 ch ring of row 1

:hook:crocheting

maybe this will help :D

:laughrollI told you it was a stupid pattern. I even went to Hobby Lobby to get some help. The sales manager said he was going to call his vendor to get some assistance because atleast 5 people had been in there for the same problem. I will let you know if I hear something.

:valday

Danielle, I also purchased ILTY(I Love This Yarn) in Mid Green and Camo Pink to make Rosebud Afghan on Mid Green sleeve. The cluster gave me fits!!! I have since finished the afghan but it doesn't look like the photo! I would still like someone to explain how to do the cluster: YO, insert hook in next stitch, yo, pull yarn through st, yo, pull through 2 lps on hk *, repeat from 4 times. Yo and pull through all 6 loops on hk - CL made.

My question in should all this be done in one stitch or over 5 stitches in the fan shape in previous row.

When you make this cluster is makes a puffy ball. The afghan is pretty but nothing like the photo!

I give up!!!! that is the worst written pattern I have ever seen. What planet is the designer from?

And What is the purpose of that 25th chain... ir just sits there. :think

I couldn't agree with your more. I have to wonder if they are testing these patterns before putting them on the label. Another thing to try is see if the pattern is on ravelry and maybe someone has posted corrections. Mary

Here is the pattern online -- it seems they have made some changes: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/assets/project/instructionfiles/ScallopEdgeScarf.pdf

It now starts with Chain 26. Then in Row 1 it says: 2DC in 6th ch, CH 2, 2 DC in 7th ch, CH 5..... etc....

There are other changes too! So try printing off this new pattern and see if it helps!

The first OPs question is an older post from 3 years ago but I wonder if they did figure it out though. This thread was brought up by someone yesterday with a different question which was answered and kept it going..

Archived