New Gadgets

2201878609_f24f1124aa_m.jpg

I am walking on air....my yarn swift and ball winder came today. I am so excited. The yarn I have started to ball is from a local Alpaca by the name of Willie. I got to meet Willie when I bought this yarn, and was able to thank him personally for the gorgeous shawl I will be able to make from his summer shearing. Now I can ball it up and get started!!!

That looks like fun.

Wow and you got to meet Willie, how cool is that.

Have fun with your new toy.:hook

You are right...it was so cool. I did not know it, but there are lots of alpacas in Wyoming. Great alternative animal for some of the ranchers. And I tell you what, I have never seen a sweeter faced animal in my life!! They are absolutely gorgeous. The lady who owns Willie, also has 6 others......next show she has I am hoping to buy some of the darker yarn.

i recently got some alpaca yarn at a farm that is local here. i didn't get to meet the animal it came from though. that would be AWESOME! you are very lucky. in a weird way, what a bond that created. he gave his coat so you can make a coat! hahah. but still, for me at least, that would create a fantastic memory and bond in my mind.

i don't have a swift, but i do have a winder. aren't they great?!?!?!

Beware - once you have a winder you can't live without it.

I sold mine when I needed money. After that I was desperate to get one again, and finally I found one at a yard sale.

I miss mine. It is at home and I am house/pet sitting in the next town over. I may go visit it on Monday. Oh and see my folks and Caper as well. :D

Archived