Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

I'm pretty sure I used peaches and cream.....I love the way the scarf turned out with it. I will be making a few more out of that cotton I am sure. I don't think I will make the next few so wide though....maybe three rows of dc instead of four.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure I used peaches and cream.....I love the way the scarf turned out with it. I will be making a few more out of that cotton I am sure. I don't think I will make the next few so wide though....maybe three rows of dc instead of four.

Thank you! I'm going to try it again with a different pattern. Yours are so pretty! Maybe I just wasn't giving it a chance. Of course, it could be my :crocheting, lol! Nah, that can't be!:eek Have a wonderful weekend! :hug

HI! Mary Ann in Illinois and I have 16 more scarves that will be sent Fed X ground tomorrow so look for them soon. Keep up the good work!!

WOW! Thank you! I'll keep my eyes open and let you know when they arrive! :hug

Hi Ann! I wanted to let you know that I plan to run to the post office tomorrow or Wednesday and send out some scarves (3) that I've made for this project. Don't worry, they're not Cheese It's, I just reused the box. :)

Take care, and keep up the great work!

Victoria

Hi Ann! I wanted to let you know that I plan to run to the post office tomorrow or Wednesday and send out some scarves (3) that I've made for this project. Don't worry, they're not Cheese It's, I just reused the box. :)

Victoria

Thank you so much! :hug

I've made a scarf for you, I'll PM you for the address. Someone asked about cotton for warmer months, do you think we could make lighterweight "fashion" scarves for the summer? I have some pretty rainbow ribbon yarn I could use. Just wondering.

I've made a scarf for you, I'll PM you for the address. Someone asked about cotton for warmer months, do you think we could make lighterweight "fashion" scarves for the summer? I have some pretty rainbow ribbon yarn I could use. Just wondering.

Thank you so much! And yes, light weight, fashion scarves would be wonderful for the summer! :hug

HI! Mary Ann in Illinois and I have 16 more scarves that will be sent Fed X ground tomorrow so look for them soon. Keep up the good work!!

The Fed X man visited today! They are beautiful! Thank you so very much!!!:hug

Victoria

It feels like Christmas today! The mailperson (being politically correct,?) delivered a box of Cheese It's today! LOL! It contained 3 beautiful scarves and 3 lovely bracelets! DH loved the packaging, lol! I hadn't told him to be on the look out for a box of Cheese It's in the mail, lol! He had no idea that I've been using cereal boxes for packaging for a while now! Have to recycle where we can! Thank you again! :hug

I sent out the scarf yesterday. I am currently working on a lapsquare and I'm looking for a nice pattern for the ribbon yarn. Perhaps just a v-stitch or something. I'll get them out as soon as I can.

I sent out the scarf yesterday. I am currently working on a lapsquare and I'm looking for a nice pattern for the ribbon yarn. Perhaps just a v-stitch or something. I'll get them out as soon as I can.

Thank you very much! I'll let you know when it arrives! :hug

Hi Folks! Thought I'd show you what I've been up to, lol! As I mentioned before, Heidi, the program director at the crisis center had mentioned an interest in lapsquares, so I've been experimenting! You also know I'm not great at posting pics, but I'll try, lol! Here goes!

aprilcharitycrafts2016-1.jpg

aprilcharitycrafts007-1.jpg

So what do you think? I have another one that is a large granny, but I forgot to take a pic of it :think. Of course, I've been working on scarves too! Hugs to all!:cheer

Ann, these are very pretty. What is the purple pattern? I don't think I've seen that.

I've been following this group for awhile because I think it is a very worthy cause. I wanted to complete the other commitments I promised before I joined in. I even seen some yarn on sale awhile back that I thought would be perfect for this project so I picked it up (like I don't already have a ton at home:lol)

I have one more lapghan to complete then I'll be on board.

I'm thinking a lapsquare is a smaller version of a lapghan. :think What size is it?

Sorry for all the questions. I'll keep following and wait to see which would be better, squares or scrafs.

Ann, these are very pretty. What is the purple pattern? I don't think I've seen that.

I've been following this group for awhile because I think it is a very worthy cause. I wanted to complete the other commitments I promised before I joined in. I even seen some yarn on sale awhile back that I thought would be perfect for this project so I picked it up (like I don't already have a ton at home:lol)

I have one more lapghan to complete then I'll be on board.

I'm thinking a lapsquare is a smaller version of a lapghan. :think What size is it?

Sorry for all the questions. I'll keep following and wait to see which would be better, squares or scrafs.

Thank you, Pat! Actually, the purple one is a doily pattern that I did with RHSS, lol. I don't do much with thread, but I keep seeing Darski saying how all these lovely doilies would make beautiful afghans, so I figured why not try one as a lapsquare!

Don't worry about the questions either! I just hope I can't answer them for you! Unfortunately, I don't have a specific size for the lapsquares right now. I've just been playing. The star is 25" from pt to pt. The doily is 19" and the granny sq is 12" but is about an inch thick and very soft! Originally, when the program director at the crisis center mentioned these "lapsquares" to me, she mentioned them being about 12" or so. I will be bringing scarves in to them soon, so I'll show her what I have and we can discuss it more. I'll let you all know then. Thank you for wanting to join in! :hug

Hello lovely 'villers!

I delivered our beautiful scarves to the crisis center this morning. They were very appreciative, as always. I discussed the lapsquares with them again, plus showed them what I had. We decided that 18 - 25 inches or so would be a good size for a lapsquare. They really seemed to like the doily like one that I did and the starghan fits in with their theme of "shooting for the stars!" They are also open to any other type of small item if you are interested in making them for a change. One of the counselors mentioned a crochet bracelet. I've never tried jewelry, but I've saved a few patterns, lol! Maybe I'll try one or two. Anybody know of an easy pattern?:think Oh, for your information....I brought in 31 scarves this month! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! :hug I am going to keep a tally on my website, but that number includes all items, including the lapsquares, etc. Do you folks want it broken down? I was thinking that I would post it on the first post here if you'd like.

Here's a pic of everything packaged up and ready to go to the center! If someone could explain to me how to make these pics clickable, I'll try! These scarves are so pretty and my photo talent is not so good, lol!

AprilCCdonations003-1.jpg

Ann, can you tell me what pattern the star is. I have a 5 point but not a 6. I like how this starts out as a little star in the center. I like the "shooting for the stars" idea but I will contribute whatever you want to go with or I'll make scarves and lapsquare.

I've never done braclets myself but I've seen patterns and may actually have some, I'll look for you. For some reason I keep thinking about an easy one that was a free pattern I had thought about trying awhile back.:think

Ann, can you tell me what pattern the star is. I have a 5 point but not a 6. I like how this starts out as a little star in the center. I like the "shooting for the stars" idea but I will contribute whatever you want to go with or I'll make scarves and lapsquare.

I've never done braclets myself but I've seen patterns and may actually have some, I'll look for you. For some reason I keep thinking about an easy one that was a free pattern I had thought about trying awhile back.:think

Pat, I used the pattern for the 6>12>24 RR CAL for the star! The pattern is on the first post of the CAL I believe. I've been working on my ghan for so long now I just couldn't get away from it, lol! Plus, I wanted to try to figure out if it would ruffle or not without the points added. I did have some problems, so I alternated my stitches in the points every row after the 3rd rnd to 2dc,ch2,2dc then the next row I would do 1dc, ch2, 1dc then back to the 2dc, then the next row 3dc. Hope that makes sense! But it seemed to work!

Archived