grannyannie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ann I sent off another scarf for you today :manyheart

are you still getting enough?

:hug

sissie

Hi sissie! Thank you! That sure was a fast delivery! I received one in the mail from you today! Is that the one your talking about or should I be looking for another one? I sure do appreciate your dedication and help! To answer your question....things have slowed down a bit this month, but I know that a lot is going on here with charities! I should have enough to bring into the crisis center next week. After that I'll have to really get my hook flying making scarfs for April! :hook Take care! :hug

wow that was fast!! I mailed it yesterday afternoon and forgot to post it for you.

sorry I was only able to send one this month:( I will make up for it next month:)

Hugs,

sissie

wow that was fast!! I mailed it yesterday afternoon and forgot to post it for you.

sorry I was only able to send one this month:( I will make up for it next month:)

Hugs,

sissie

:hugDon't be sorry about sending one scarf! My goodness! I appreciate each and every scarf that everyone sends. They are all wonderful and beautiful! There just aren't enough words to let all of you wonderful people know how much I appreciate the help that you are giving me in this project. It's also very rewarding to know that the scarves that we are creating are being very well received by the survivors getting them. :hug

Just wanted to drop a quick note to everyone....

I'm having a lot of computer problems, so if you write to me and I don't respond, I'm not ignoring you I just don't have a working computer! :eek DH ordered a new one tonight, but it's going to take about 3 weeks to come in!!!!!!! Hope the bandaids we keep putting on this one hold! Anyway, if you don't see me for a while, you know what happened! :hug Take care!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I'm back!!! My new computer arrived early, yeah!!!

I want you all to know how much your scarves are appreciated! Each and every one is beautiful and means so much. I delivered 24 scarves to the crisis center this past Wednesday and they were just in time. I was told that they had just given out the last 2 from our previous delivery. March was a very busy month also. Let's hope that spring is slower. A few people have asked if they could make something other than scarves, so I asked the program manager at the center if she would be interested and also if they had the space. She is open to other items. She specifically mentioned the posibility of something like a lap square - something smaller than a lapghan, but nice to hold on your lap. She noticed that a lot of the survivors would put the scarves on their lap and stroke them for comfort during their counseling sessions. I've been playing with different sizes. If any of you have any ideas that you'd like to share please do! Let's just remember that scarves are our main item with a few other items possibly to offset during the warmer months. Scarves are also welcomed all year long.

That's enough rambling for me today! I've missed you all! But I'm back! :cheer

Welcome back you lucky girl with the new computer!! I am making scarves, I don't want to mail until my box is full! Have a great day!!

Thank you so much! It's great to be back, but it's a little challenging learning this new computer, lol! Ah, I must be getting old, lol!

I was wondering if you want us to switch to cotton for the warmer months???

Cotton would be wonderful, but not necessary. Use whatever you wish. I haven't personnaly used a lot of cotton, but am looking to make a few with it soon. :hug

I was wondering if you want us to switch to cotton for the warmer months???

I have a question, by cotton do you mean like sugar and cream yarn?

Hi Everyone! I'm back!!! My new computer arrived early, yeah!!!

I want you all to know how much your scarves are appreciated! Each and every one is beautiful and means so much. I delivered 24 scarves to the crisis center this past Wednesday and they were just in time. I was told that they had just given out the last 2 from our previous delivery. March was a very busy month also. Let's hope that spring is slower. A few people have asked if they could make something other than scarves, so I asked the program manager at the center if she would be interested and also if they had the space. She is open to other items. She specifically mentioned the posibility of something like a lap square - something smaller than a lapghan, but nice to hold on your lap. She noticed that a lot of the survivors would put the scarves on their lap and stroke them for comfort during their counseling sessions. I've been playing with different sizes. If any of you have any ideas that you'd like to share please do! Let's just remember that scarves are our main item with a few other items possibly to offset during the warmer months. Scarves are also welcomed all year long.

That's enough rambling for me today! I've missed you all! But I'm back! :cheer

Welcome back must be nice having a new puter to play with:lol:lol

I think I will use cotton. I have a tonne of it and would like to work with it for a change. I just know I can't make any squares for a while...LOL

are you still seeing squares in your dreams :rofl:rofl

I would love to help, but it will be May before I will be free to start on scarves. Just pm me your addy and will mail them as soon as I can.

This is a great cause and thank you for starting it.

PM sent :manyheart

I sent 5 scarves out on April 1st...they should be on your doorstep soon.

Thank you! I don't know how you do it, but thank you! :hug I love the new avatar by the way! Guess that's your secret, lol!

• 2 weeks later...
th_006.jpg

th_010.jpg

I will wait until I have at least 5 again before I ship them out.:hug

Thank you again dear friend! I appreciate all of your help. :hug I see a chophook in your pic, don't you just love it! I've been making most of my scarves with mine lately! It just glides! I have a question for you......you mentioned using cotton yarn. What kind do you use? I tried making a scarf with peaches and cream and IMO it looked like a dishcloth, lol! I frogged it! Maybe it was the pattern?:think

I'll let you know when the scarves arrive! :manyheart

Archived