Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

Ahh, don't worry sweet Cherri! It will all work out! We may be down a little in numbers this month, but with the couple of people sending them this week and what I have here it should be enough. I won't be going in to the crisis center until July 1st, so that gives me another whole week to make more too! Let's hope for a healthier week!:cheer

Ann, do you have enough to bring this month? I'm concerned. :worried

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to join in on this worthy cause if you still need help. I'm always making scarves & matching hats & shawls....they are my favorite things to make. The thought that they could actually bring comfort to someone is wonderful and I couldn't think of a better way to use them. Please let me know if you still need help & any other info I may need to know.

I would love to join in on this worthy cause if you still need help. I'm always making scarves & matching hats & shawls....they are my favorite things to make. The thought that they could actually bring comfort to someone is wonderful and I couldn't think of a better way to use them. Please let me know if you still need help & any other info I may need to know.

Thank you! PM on the way. :manyheart

Ann, I mailed 5 more scarves out to you this morning. I hope they get there before your drop-off date. Pics are on my blog. Hugs :hug

Cherri, you are so generous! Thank you just doesn't seem like enough, but it's from the bottom of my heart.....Thank you.....:hug

Ann, I mailed 5 more scarves out to you this morning. I hope they get there before your drop-off date. Pics are on my blog. Hugs :hug

Your beautiful scarves just arrived!!! Thank you!!! :hug:hug:hug

Hi Everyone! Well, I delivered June's scarves today, plus attended the counselor's meeting at the crisis center! Let me say a big THANK YOU to all you wonderful 'ville friends! You came through with scarves and I know there had to be prayers said for me because the meeting went very well! Are you ready??? I brought in 3 lapsquares, 12 wristbands and.......

34 scarves!!! You're all just amazing!!! Thank you!

Now, to tell you how the meeting went....This was the first time that I actually sat with several of the counselors since Compassionate Creations was started. They love the scarves! When asked for input they are requesting some with patterns on them for children such as flowers or Mickey Mouse, Pooh Bear, that type of thing. I told them about the trade mark being an obstacle, but we could work something out. I don't have any patterns like this so if any of you know some that are free/free links could you please pass them on?

They are also interested in hats/headbands and mittens come the cooler weather.

Now the really big news! Once a month S.A.A.B. gets together (Sexual Assualt Advisory Board) which is comprised of the 17 rape crisis centers in Massachusetts. RCCCM (the center that I bring the scarves to) is going to present the idea to them at the August meeting. They will be a central point for any of the centers that want to give scarves to their survivors! If there are any available when the meetings are held (the 1st Thur of the month) then they will be able to take them back to their center. RCCCM will of course keep their supply seperate. What do you think!?!

And now for pics!!!

[/url]

th_CompassionateCreationsforJune003.jpgMeet the wonderful counselors

th_CompassionateCreationsforJune002.jpgYou actually get to meet me too, lol! I'm in pink.

Ann, that is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad that your meeting went well. I guess I'd better get busy looking for kid's scarf patterns :lol. Do you have a short-term goal of how many scarves you want to receive each month?

I'd better get started. Again, I'm so glad that the day went so well for you. Big hugs, :hug

Cherri

Ann, that is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad that your meeting went well. I guess I'd better get busy looking for kid's scarf patterns :lol. Do you have a short-term goal of how many scarves you want to receive each month?

I'd better get started. Again, I'm so glad that the day went so well for you. Big hugs, :hug

Cherri

Thank you, Cherri! At this point my head is still kind of spinning, lol, so I don't really have a goal set. Gonna have to think about it and set one really quick though! :hug

Grannyannie, you ladies are all so lovely. Thanks for sharing the pics. I hope the idea of Compassionate Creations spreads.

Hey Ann,

I'm glad that it all went well. Thanks for showing us the pictures. It's always nice to see these. I'm good with scraves but I have never done hats or mittens so I guess I'm going to be doing something new:hook. I'll keep an eye out for those patterns for the kids. Isn't there a snowman or pencil scraf pattern on the ville?:think That might be a fun one for the kids. I'm trying to remember but I believe that was a free pattern. I'll have to find it.

I found the cutest book at AC Moore today with scarves that I thought might be good for little girls. It's called In-Style Scarves, 12 Long & Skinny Designs by the American School of Needlework. Here's a picture of it that I found on ebay. Just thought I'd share. :hug

Those are really cute, Cherri! Thanks for sharing!:manyheart

Cherri

Hi Cherri and everyone else! Did everyone have a nice and safe holiday? It was pretty quiet around here. Fine by me since I haven't been feeling very well!

Well, I've been thinking about your question, Cherri. I'm thinking that 50 scarves a month would be a good number to shoot for! Victoria had mentioned that number a while back and we didn't get much response, so I'm wondering how everyone feels. Do you think we can do it?! I know that this heat has slowed a lot of us down, so I may be shooting for the stars here. Just tell me if I am. I would really like to have about 50 to bring in for August since that is when the idea of Compassionate Creations will be presented to the other crisis centers in the state! The good news is that we're half way there!!! :cheer (Most of the scarves came in from one donor!!! Thank you, you wonderful, dear person!!! :hug). So, let me know what you think! Oh, try to stay cool! LOL! :flake

Hi Ann, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. :hug

I don't think 50 is an unreasonable number for what you're trying to do. It does, however, depend on the amount of people that are helping out. I'll continue to make as many as I can. :yes

Do you belong to Ravelry? I belong to another group that gets quite a few new members from there. Maybe you could form a charity group there to recruit some scarf makers. I'm sure you'd get more helpers. It's just a thought... :):hug

Hey Ann, I one of the ones that doesn't like crocheting in the summer but I will be here to help especially because August is important to you. I will start this weekend.

Hope you are feeling better:hug.

Hey Ann, I one of the ones that doesn't like crocheting in the summer but I will be here to help especially because August is important to you. I will start this weekend.

Hope you are feeling better:hug.

Thank you so much, Pat! :hug

Hello Ann,

Okay - I'll help to get The Great August Challenge rolling! I'll send you at least five, hopefully more. I have my yarn lined up and now all I have to do is transform it into some cheery scarves.

COME ON, SCARFIES!!

We can hit 50 scarves by August!!

Archived