Scarves for victims of abuse, pattern ideas added post 963

grannyannie

LOL! Hi Victoria and everyone else! I was just coming here to let everyone know how May's totals went and there was your post! I'll put pics up in a minute too!

I dropped off 28 scarves for May. That's down a little, but they had some left from the month before, so it was ok. I also gave them 2 beautiful shawls that we received (thank you ladies, you know who you are! :hug), plus I made 4 lapsquares (and 2 wristbands as a trial thing). The counselor that I spoke with really liked the wristbands as an additional item to give with the scarves, so I think that I'll make those up in my spare time (lol!). They are very easy and quick to make. OH! I was asked to speak at their next counselors meeting on July 1st! YIKES!!! I haven't done any public speaking in over 3 years! Not since before I had the craniotomy! Yeah, I'm a little nervous! But this is worth it! Also, the question had been asked as to how many scarves are needed each month. At the center that I bring them, they share between 2 offices and use anywhere from 15-20 on an average month. That means that we should have been having plenty, but as you know they have been running out! Things were not average over some of the winter months. That being said, more scarves have been coming in and it is my goal, if possible, to reach out and help more survivors. If the numbers continue to climb I would like to branch out to another crisis center in MA. I was given the contact info, now I just need to make the "leap of faith"!

Pics coming up next!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here ya go!

th_easywristband.jpgeasy wrist band. I did a sage one too. CSS!

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay010.jpgthe 2 shawls and 3 of the lapsquares

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay007.jpgsome scarves

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay006.jpgsome more scarves!

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay005.jpgand more scarves!

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay004.jpgoh, yeah, more scarves!!!

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay002.jpgthis is one I made using Victoria's Victory over Violence pattern! Thank you Victoria!!! I used Jiffy yarn...oh so soft!!!!

th_CompassionateCreationsforMay001.jpgfinal lapsquare. I forgot it on the table when taking pics outside, lol!

WOW THEY LOOK GREAT:clap:clap

I still have mine here that are finished. I'm working on more. I received some very pretty purple yarn from a wonderful lady from the 'ville in Germany and I'm going to make a couple of scraves with that. I'm a little behind getting things done because I finally went back to work :yay which is great, but it definitely cuts into my crochet time:eek. I was laid off for 8 months so now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and it's a little harder than I thought.:lol

How do you make the wrist bands? They look like something quick to add to the scarf if that is what they would like, let me know.

I also love the star lap square. Is there a pattern?

WOW THEY LOOK GREAT:clap:clap

I still have mine here that are finished. I'm working on more. I received some very pretty purple yarn from a wonderful lady from the 'ville in Germany and I'm going to make a couple of scraves with that. I'm a little behind getting things done because I finally went back to work :yay which is great, but it definitely cuts into my crochet time:eek. I was laid off for 8 months so now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and it's a little harder than I thought.:lol

How do you make the wrist bands? They look like something quick to add to the scarf if that is what they would like, let me know.

I also love the star lap square. Is there a pattern?

Thanks Pat! Purple yarn, yummmm, I love purple!:cheer Congrats on going back to work! I can imagine it must be really hard going back after 8 months though :eek!

The wrist bands are VERY EASY! They don't take long to do either, yeah! I got the pattern here: http://crochet.about.com/od/wristbands/ss/tstband.htm

and the star lap square, are you talking about the one all by itself? The green and white one? The 9 pt star is from 'ville member stormdrac! I just added a shell border when I thought it was big enough! I've got to find out how to link to other threads, lol! OK, if I did this right this should be the link to the pattern! Fingers crossed!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77725

The other star, yup, 6 pointer, I used the pattern from the 6>12>24 CAL! The 6 point star part is really easy! LOL! I'm just about to add any points to these, lol! (the thought has crossed my mind :eek)

Talk to you later!

Neat! I love those pictures! I like to see what others mail in too. I'm curious too about the lapsquares, and if those are asked for too. You're doing such a wonderful thing! Wow!!!

Victoria

Thank you Victoria! I just finished putting them up on the website. Boy is that ever a challenge for me, lol! They don't make those things easy!

Yes, they did ask for the lapsquares for the summer months for a change of pace if we were interested in making them. It is totally up to the individual. If you decide to make one, the "square" should be at least 18" wide. I usually make them around 25" to 30". It depends on what looks good at the time and if it covers my lap! I've got a "good size" lap too, lol! :yes Hugs!

Everything is so beautiful! I'm still working on more. If you want wrist bands, too, let me know (and what pattern you want). Big hugs to everyone! :hug

Hi Cherri! Thank you! I posted the wrist band pattern a couple of posts up. It's really easy! It's up to you if you want to make some. I'd love to have the help! Hugs back at ya!

I have 6 more scarves and 2 wristbands that I'll be sending out this week (as soon as the heatwave breaks:sweat). There are pictures on my blog. :hug

Thank you! They are all so pretty, but that yellow one is wonderful! Is that your own pattern? It's so bright and cheerful! Thank you for the wristbands, too! Try to stay cool! :hot

Thank you! They are all so pretty, but that yellow one is wonderful! Is that your own pattern? It's so bright and cheerful! Thank you for the wristbands, too! Try to stay cool! :hot

Thanks. :hugThe yellow scarf is this one:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Accessories/SB300-006+Crochet+Mile-a-Minute+Scarf.htm

The pattern's picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL and it is so pretty done in one color. I'm going to do some more of them. :yes

Thanks. :hugThe yellow scarf is this one:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Accessories/SB300-006+Crochet+Mile-a-Minute+Scarf.htm

The pattern's picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL and it is so pretty done in one color. I'm going to do some more of them. :yes

Thank you for the link! I've actually made that scarf and didn't even recognize it in a solid color, lol! :hug

I think this sale is for us: http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/loadpage.cgi/smileysyarns/ezshopper?user_id=id&file=iriot.htm

Red Heart Bright and Lofty at 83% off... perfect for scarves!

Thanks for the heads up!!! Oh, I'm in sooo much trouble with DH, lol!!! Just got an order in from Joann's and he thought it was his anniversary present being delivered! OOOPS!!!!!! Doesn't every husband want yarn for their wedding anniversary? :think (not to worry, his real present just got delayed, lol! It should be here next week, fingers crossed!)

I have 6 more scarves and 2 wristbands that I'll be sending out this week (as soon as the heatwave breaks:sweat). There are pictures on my blog. :hug

Hi Cherri! Your scarves and wristbands arrived today!!! Thank you so much!!! They're beautiful!!!:hug

Ann, just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten you. I have 6 scaves done and I think I may go ahead and send them this week. I was trying to get more done before I sent them out but I seem to really slow down crocheting in the summer. One, it's too hot and the other I'm always outside doing something. So, I'll try and get these out this week. I'll let you know when they go.

Ann, just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten you. I have 6 scaves done and I think I may go ahead and send them this week. I was trying to get more done before I sent them out but I seem to really slow down crocheting in the summer. One, it's too hot and the other I'm always outside doing something. So, I'll try and get these out this week. I'll let you know when they go.

Thank you, Pat! I could definitely use them this month! I think a lot of us slow down this time of year with the heat, lol! I know that I've been scrambling to get them made now that the weather has cooled down some the past few days, but I've also had company from out of state that I haven't seen in about 20 years! It all works out though! :hug

Thank you, Pat! I could definitely use them this month! I think a lot of us slow down this time of year with the heat, lol! I know that I've been scrambling to get them made now that the weather has cooled down some the past few days, but I've also had company from out of state that I haven't seen in about 20 years! It all works out though! :hug

Ann, do you have enough to bring this month? I'm concerned. :worried

Archived