Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Well, after much soul searching, I finally decided to frog the Circle To Square Afghan and remove it from my quarterly list. I just knew I would never finish it. Like the pattern, love the yarn, hate joining all those darn squares! So, instead I'll use the yarn to make another blanket....what a relief to finally frog it!

I removed the Unseamly Sweater from the list. After reading about others experiences with the pattern on Ravelry, I decided it's not for me....meanwhile, I'm looking for small projects to do in between the big ones.:)

1. Shawler...Finished!

2. Siobhanna Sweater....have the yarn

3. Molly Weasley sweater....

4. Blanket/afghan....??

5. Garden Party Lace Wrap...have yarn

6. Tie Front Sweater...have yarn

7. Patons Brilliant Tunic...have yarn

Ongoing..... Learn to Knit!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm at a bit of a standstill here. Still haven't received my new subscriptions and have finished most of my UFO's. One thing I should accomplish is to update my blog, so I guess that will be on my list for this week. I have also started another afghan, I guess that'll keep me busy.

I finally got around to updating!!! :yay

We bought a new house and we're going back and forth between the two and tring to do work on both and I'm completely burn the candle at both ends right now :thair

But, through it all I have been crocheting a bunch :hook I started making a star RR for myself and now all of my kids and one of my dd's friend wants one, lol!!! They are going to be my kids gifts for the new house.

I also need to make dish clothes for my mom for mother's day (her request).

So now that I've rambled, my Get It Dones are in my signature ;)

Well, I'm at a bit of a standstill here. Still haven't received my new subscriptions and have finished most of my UFO's. One thing I should accomplish is to update my blog, so I guess that will be on my list for this week. I have also started another afghan, I guess that'll keep me busy.

Have you looked on the websites for the magazines you are waiting for? Sometimes they have free patterns from back issues. Might give you some ideas while you're waiting?

I finally got around to updating!!! :yay

We bought a new house and we're going back and forth between the two and tring to do work on both and I'm completely burn the candle at both ends right now :thair

But, through it all I have been crocheting a bunch :hook I started making a star RR for myself and now all of my kids and one of my dd's friend wants one, lol!!! They are going to be my kids gifts for the new house.

I also need to make dish clothes for my mom for mother's day (her request).

So now that I've rambled, my Get It Dones are in my signature ;)

Congrats on the new house! I'm determined to make my first RR this year but don't know yet if it will be this quarter....

I want to also do my first RR and don't know when I'll allow myself to detour from my list of what needs to get done. I do that often, get sidetracked and then my projects sit there. But I definitely want to do a RR, so mabye HappyBunny, you and I could do it together. :D

I want to also do my first RR and don't know when I'll allow myself to detour from my list of what needs to get done. I do that often, get sidetracked and then my projects sit there. But I definitely want to do a RR, so mabye HappyBunny, you and I could do it together. :D

That would be fun!

Okay here are the two projects I finished this weekend. Better pics coming soon. My 9 year old took these :lol.

th_shawninslippers003.jpg

th_shawninslippers004.jpg

The top is the Sweet Scallops Shawl which I added a shell to. Probably shouldn't have as I am short. Then I had to rip out alot of the length as it was tooo long and bulky.

The other is the Lacy Fans poncho. Again, ended up frogging alot of the length on it as well. And I have it on backwards:lol

Okay here are the two projects I finished this weekend. Better pics coming soon. My 9 year old took these :lol.

I love them both! Are the patterns from a pattern book? I'd love to find out where to buy them!

The top is the Sweet Scallops Shawl which I added a shell to. Probably shouldn't have as I am short. Then I had to rip out alot of the length as it was tooo long and bulky.

The other is the Lacy Fans poncho. Again, ended up frogging alot of the length on it as well. And I have it on backwards:lol

Oh, wow! Those are so nice! :D

I've got the back of the pillow about 60% done. Fortunately I'm getting to a point without a ton of color changes so it should start going faster.

Love the 2 shawls!! :cheer I love to do shawls and make them all the time for people I know who need a special pick me up. I like to choose their birthstone color and then I have a list of what other colors mean besides the birthstone, and I write up a card listing the colors I chose and the meaning of them for that person. The shawls are fun to make because of all the color changes.

Makes a really nice personalized gift. A one of kind just for that person.

I can't keep up with the requests for them, though. :blush

HappyBunny, you just let me know when you're ready to start the RR and I'm in with you!! I don't care about starting another project or doing a shawl when my WIP is still sitting there. My WIP is for people who don't even know they're getting them, so it's okay for me to take a detour. :lol

Happy crocheting everyone!! :hook

Lauren

Here is my updated list:

New stuff:

1) baby blanket to make for co-worker's wife who is due in July (April 21st 2008 I have the yarn and need to select the pattern from the Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghan book that I just received today)

2) striped sweater for me from swap pattern using pink Joanne boucle

3) one skein scarf for me with new yarn from ebay

On-going stuff:

4) Fix the stars on Sunshine’s afghan

5) Baby shells blanket in peach and white (44% done)

6) Knit sweater for me (10% done)

7) Lots of yo-yos to join together

8) Use up stash - make Baby yarn squares and WW squares for charity

9) Finish my crochet socks (50% done)

Completed Stuff:

1) charity blanket (5 ½ hour throw from Lion Brand) for a girl at church (Finished April 19th)

2) Baby shells blanket in mismatched no-dye lot pinks (Finished April 14th)

3) two bedside rugs in Lion brand suede for my Sunshine and me (Finished his April 8th Finished hers April 20th)

Oh my goodness, Susan, those are stunning pieces. I am personally drawn to the poncho, backwards or not, it is very pretty.:yes

I just finished a shawl I have renamed, (originally Sunshine shawl) now called Caliente del Sol, and a shoulder shrug in brushed pink acrylic with bamboo trim. I am currently doing one in green Limeric yarn, that will have a lavender, pale blue and shades of green trim. I call it Heather Hills.

Pics coming on Friday.;)

Oh my goodness, Susan, those are stunning pieces. I am personally drawn to the poncho, backwards or not, it is very pretty.:yes

I just finished a shawl I have renamed, (originally Sunshine shawl) now called Caliente del Sol, and a shoulder shrug in brushed pink acrylic with bamboo trim. I am currently doing one in green Limeric yarn, that will have a lavender, pale blue and shades of green trim. I call it Heather Hills.

Pics coming on Friday.;)

I love the names you give your wearables!!

Thank you everyone who has shared pics of your work. Everything looks wonderful!

I really haven't gotten anything done in roughly a week because I was super busy with school and also trying not to let a really nasty cold beat me and my children into submission. Now we're all on the mend and school is back under control. I've almost gotten the first yoga sock finished (maybe 5 more rounds tops :clap) and I should be casting on the second one tonight just before my knitting group meeting. Current status is in my sig. I did get pics of my Cold Shoulder Capelet the other day, but I haven't pulled them from the camera card yet. I'll get those posted up ASAP.

:manyheart

~Relynn

This CAL has already been good for me, been hammering out rows of my peaches and cream blanket, I'll post pics of where I am on Friday, and considering I just started this thing yesterday when the yarn from Joanns got here I'm really really pleased with myself. Want to get a few squares for OA done before errand day friday so I can mail some off with the other things I need to mail on friday.

Relynn~ Glad to hear you didn't get knocked out by the cold, can't wait to see your socks!

I love the names you give your wearables!!

Thanks Kim, I call them as I see them. I get an idea of something to make, then usually change it in one way or another as I go along, and the finished item winds up being not quite the same, :lol.

So I call it whatever the end product reminds me of...

The stole is warm, and three different shades of yellow, both crocheted and woven, hence Caliente del Sol.

The pink shrug just made me think pink so that is what I call it, "think pink"..

The green shrug is Limeric yarn and made me think of Ireland, The trim is a very short eyelash in variegated greens with touches of pale blue and vivid lavender. I pictured a green hill against the background of a blue sky with Heather in bloom, soooo....Heather Hills.

Silly, I know, but it works. Gives the finished items a special meaning for me.

I've almost gotten the first yoga sock finished (maybe 5 more rounds tops :clap) and I should be casting on the second one tonight just before my knitting group meeting. :manyheart

~Relynn

I used to knit socks, many, many years ago. Now I am learning to crochet them. Will start my first official pair sometime in June.:yes

Karen, how do you decide which project to work on? And where do you keep them, and how do you keep track of them all? I go bonkers as soon as I have more than 2.... You must be super organized...

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Mr Bean style bear - 15% complete

Retro Babette - 20% complete

Sweet Dreams baby blanket - 55% complete

Pink Pet blanket - 100% complete

Green pet blanket #1 - 95% complete

Green pet blanket #2 - 95% complete NEW

Peaches & Cream pet blanket - 60% complete NEW

Red & White Round Ripple - 50% Complete NEW

Green, Cream & Black Round Ripple 0% complete NEW

Have added a few new things to the list, I hope to get some of the pet blankets finished this week, only have border and the ends to weave in on the green ones and 5 more squares to make for the peaches and cream one.

Have been doing a row a day on the baby blanket and 1 square a day for the pet blankets, as well as a few rounds on the red and black RR.

I have found a few more WIP's, but will list these once I have completed a few on my list, I just can't help starting new projects.:blush

I used to knit socks, many, many years ago. Now I am learning to crochet them. Will start my first official pair sometime in June.:yes

Karen, how do you decide which project to work on? And where do you keep them, and how do you keep track of them all? I go bonkers as soon as I have more than 2.... You must be super organized...

When I grow up I want to be just like Karen. :lol

I am loving these yoga socks... All the fun of sock knitting without the hard parts (no heels or toes to shape). It's kind of like cheating! :devil I ended up not casting on the second sock tonight, but I did teach a die-hard knitter in the group to crochet tonight. :D Yes, I have converted her to the dark side (read: highly addictive due to instant gratification = crochet). :lol

I usually decide to work on the project that needs to be done first (and also the one that is easiest and most fun to make). Right now I am working on the baby blanket for my friends for their baby - I have done 48 rows on it now! I also am doing a row or so a day on the sweater and the peach blanket. I keep these three projects onthe end of the sofa beside me - no room for anyone else on there but me :D The socks are over ona chair on the other side of the room - I'm not having as much fun with those so I haven't done anything with them for a while... The squares and yo-yos are waiting.

When I grow up I want to be just like Karen. :lol

:hug

Archived