Let the Stash Busting Begin!

I did it. I did it. I made it all the way through without buy ANY yarn. I did receive some as a gift through my SP, but alas, that doesn't count because i didn't buy it! Woo hoo. And here it is the 2nd day of June and I still haven't bought any. But that may be about to change tonight. It's been a WAY stressful day and I *need* my fix ;)

congratulations to all who endured and made it through.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I succeeded as well!!! I cannot believe it's already June 2nd and I still haven't any reason to go get more yarn. Although I have been craving some silk....but alas, Michael's & Walmart don't carry silk. I think my problem is, I've got so many things going at once that I'm losing track! :rofl Honestly, I don't know if I'm coming or going....I'd rather be going to my LYS tho!!!! But I'm behind on a few projects so really need to keep at my crocheting. I don't even want to go to my LYS....I just think of the couple of hours that I'll be gone, how much crocheting I can get done and how many FOs I can accomplish in those few hours, so I don't go. Been busy, busy, busy. Between swaps, Patti's 'ghan needing to be put together, getting Loopi in the mail, getting squares in the mail and daily living, I run out of time! So maybe next week I may go....we'll see.

I'm sure you all saw my post about my personal pity party when I thought my kitty died. I ended up buying 4 balls of Bernat Softee Chunky, a Debbie Mumm tote kit, and some Joann's Rainbow Boucle before the month was out (though I just got it in the mail today). I also accepted yarn as payment for some patterns on this board, and I bought a ball of size 20 thread for the bookmark swap. (I bought $12 worth of yarn on Tuesday with money donated from my choir for my comfortghan...does that count? :think)

To my credit, though, I've been using my stash for comfortghan squares, gave a bunch of orphans to Marla, and have even RAOK'd out some of it! :cheer

All in all, my stashbusting was a bust. I ended up with more yarn than I started with, even though some of it was used and for good causes. I think I'm going to try again this month to keep from buying yarn; I'm pretty busy with school, so it *shouldn't* be too hard...

Congrats to all who made it through this month!! :clap:clap:clap

I made it through... even when I -needed- yarn. Today I am going to buy the yarn I need for a class sample. LOL!

I made it all through May and so far I haven't spent a thing for June. Honestly, I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had the chance to think about yarn (for myself anyway). I've been working on SP items and trying to get more bathroom/kitchen items done. It's been crazy here.

I think I will make it for June. How is everyone else doing?

• 3 weeks later...

Three days into the month of July! Was at Wal Mart Thursday, and ALMOST bought the yarn for an afghan I had planned on making for my Aunt Ann and Uncle Leonard...but, didn't I ended up spending the money on a cheap digital camera so I can post pics of my projects on my blog and the like.

Nita

Well guys, I'm on a yarn/fiber/pattern diet now -- started on Friday and plan to continue through the end of September [!!]. I went on vacation and picked up a ton of stuff, so I need to work through the stash now... plus, I'm getting out of space to store it all! :)

You can send it to me and I will be happy to "store" it for you (tee hee)

Well guys, I'm on a yarn/fiber/pattern diet now -- started on Friday and plan to continue through the end of September [!!]. I went on vacation and picked up a ton of stuff, so I need to work through the stash now... plus, I'm getting out of space to store it all! :)

You're not the only one...but with FOUR Storage tubs full of acrylic worsted, and two of those plastic three drawer storage units basically full of cotton worsted- the last thing I need is anymore yarn! LOL..

Nita

ugh, yeah, so much for "no more yarn until October."

Two balls of DB cashmerino aran in dark dusty rose, two hanks of LL Shepherd Sock in Embers, two hanks of LL Shepherd Sock in Cranberry. Oops! Plus two circular needles I needed. Gah!

I need a :kick

I can make it thru this by petting just my own stash ! It's HUGE ! And mostly Natural fibers, now ! But can we have some BIG de-stashing projects this time ???????? I could make a dozen BLANKETS and never make a dent in what I'm sitting on ! HELP !!!!!

Archived