A sign of serious yarn addiction?

allieliz

This Christmas my dh, my daughters and I will be visiting my parents in Queens. They live quite close to Smiley's. Is it wrong that I'm almost as excited to go to Smiley's Yarns as I am to see my wonderful parents? (I took up the hook quite recently, so I had no interest in yarn when I lived in Queens and sadly, have never shopped there)

Alice

PS- I also think my addiction is pretty bad because I swear my heart rate goes up when I'm shopping for yarn, and sometimes even when I'm just thinking about yarn... the textures... the colors... all the pretties I could make............ mmmm... I think I need to visit my stash now. :c9

I love yarn so much my hubby has now put me on an allowence. I think if I could get away with it id'e spend his whole pay check just on yarn alone. I spend at least 50 dollars a week on yarn and I haven't even come close to using it up lol oh and if theres a sale some where i'm all over it. My justification? It never goes out of style, it won't spoil (as long as you store it right) and dear hubby you just never know when you might need an unexpected gift.

:c9

when you go there be sure and pet some of the yarn for me. my kids think i am crazy i just love to touch it...wish i could be there with you.

Please... pet some :yarn for me too....

I love yarn so much my hubby has now put me on an allowence. I think if I could get away with it id'e spend his whole pay check just on yarn alone. I spend at least 50 dollars a week on yarn and I haven't even come close to using it up lol oh and if theres a sale some where i'm all over it. My justification? It never goes out of style, it won't spoil (as long as you store it right) and dear hubby you just never know when you might need an unexpected gift. :c9

My DH hasn't put me on an allowance... I'm trying to restrain myself (My name is Ann and....) But, I have been known to cave when yarn is on sale. My justification reasons are the same as yours plus yarn is not fattening.

Have fun though. And it's not wrong that you're almost as excited to go to Smiley's as you are to see your parents. You're just being efficient! It's not as though you're making a special trip to Smileys and not going to visit your parents (:rofl)!!

Have fun though. And it's not wrong that you're almost as excited to go to Smiley's as you are to see your parents. You're just being efficient! It's not as though you're making a special trip to Smileys and not going to visit your parents (:rofl)!!

This is true. After all, you aren't asking your parents to meet you in the parking lot at Smiley's to swap gifts so you don't lose any shopping time. You're still a good and devoted daughter:cheer

its good that yarn makes your blood run~~~~keeps you alive when your blood runs. lol go for it....

I sure would go to smileys.....and ask any other family members if they like to go. I would still go if no family members didn't want to go. I would still go..I be right there petting :yarnand feeling the yarns :yarnwith ya:yes. I be buying some yarns too. have fun and enjoy~~~

sunnywolfgar

I will be visiting my parents for Christmas (leaving tomorrow). My mother is the one who passed on the gift of yarn and crochet to me and she is always excited to take me to her favorite LYS. We both usually end up with more yarn (that we don't need) to start yet another project that will be "in progress" for years.

This is true. After all, you aren't asking your parents to meet you in the parking lot at Smiley's to swap gifts so you don't lose any shopping time. You're still a good and devoted daughter:cheer

So True. Enjoy your time with your parents and your shopping time. That's a double reason to love going home. Have a great time.

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went to Smileys and I petted the yarn for everyone. While my mother and I were there on Christmas Eve afternoon I met two women with a more serious addiction. Apparently these two ladies had just flown in from LA to see their relatives in NYC but before they even got to their family, they stopped at Smileys. Straight from the airport! And I thought I had it bad!:lol

Alice

PS-- I am so proud-- a spot opened up across the street from the store and I parallel parked in one manouver (which I have not done in years). Anyone who has been on Jamaica Ave. knows what a feat that is:clap

Archived