Hello from NY- crochet hook in hand :)

ladytoysdream

:welcome ! If you love :crocheting you have definitely come to the right place!

I bought myself a book today.... I was researching on ebay and there it was :) I am sure you all understand about needing crochet patterns ..........

I think most - OK all - of us understand exactly what you mean (:rofl): a crocheter can not have too many pattern :books ! (Or too much :yarn)!

I finally have some pictures to share of this almost finished poncho.

I think I better go find the correct forum to post pictures.

Should be complete later today or tomorrow.

Please bear with me, as I learn the ropes around here :)

I hope it is okay to post the picture album url in this thread.

Just a reminder.....I have not crocheted for almost 30 years.

This is my first project. I started this in Nov of this year.

http://imageevent.com/ladytoysdream/ponchotime?n=0

My first knitting project was a Mary Maxim sweater with a horse pattern.

Talk about being a pig for punishment. I just jump right in :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad you asked questions!!!!! I've joined, but now that winter is here and I have rtired, I can devote (yikes) more time to my love of crochet!!!! Hope to be on board with alot of you....

It does appear I need to update this thread :)

THANKS for all the warm welcomes !

I am REALLY enjoying this site. More and more everyday.

I did get that poncho mailed to the lady and she was SUPER thrilled with it.

Yay for me :)

http://imageevent.com/ladytoysdream/ponchotime?n=0

I have picked up the knitting needles also, and am working on a few projects

currently. I must be a real pig for punishment.....never just one project.

Always seems like several going on at once. I am trying mainly to get some pull on hats

made for the grandkids for this winter weather here.

I am also crocheting a afghan. Not sure if for this household, or if I will set it aside for a gift. I would like to make a few to be sold in the future. Not sure what sizes yet though.

I finally did get some more yarn sorted out, and being ebay had a dime promotion day this week, I took full advantage of it. I have some yarn I won't ever have time to get to. I also need to get my website in better shape. My new year's resolutions :)

I did change jobs. The one I had for 3.5 yrs is now history, and I went back to food service work in a factory cafeteria. And we made a major decision to replace the truck I was driving. Course it made a major change in our budget. It was tight before, so now it is more stressfull. My truck needed like $ 1000 in repairs, and I was not going to play the game of it nickeling and diming me. Had it for almost 8 years. Normally we get 10 to 11 years per vehicle before we move on to another one. We each have our own truck because we have different work hours, and directions to travel. One of those rock and a hard place to be in decision.

Again.......very glad to have found this site :)

Archived