Hello from NY- crochet hook in hand :)

ladytoysdream

Hi all,

I only found this board, maybe a few weeks ago.

And it was only a fluke I found it. Because of some research I was

doing online.

I got asked by a friend to crochet her a poncho in November. I have not crocheted anything for about 25 yrs plus.So it was dig out the crochet hook, and do some researching, and ask questions of some friends I work with, to get me headed in the right direction. I now have the poncho squares done, and ready to be put together today. Goal was to have it done by Xmas for her.

This user id is one I use online for ebay. So if you need some background on me, there it is :)

I hope to learn more from you nice people, and hope to contribute to this board.

I do have one question though.......where is the forum for the wish list ?

Does one have to post so many posts to be allowed to use it ?

I just can't seem to locate it.

Hi Jen :)

Mighty cold in NY today. I am south of Syracuse. Hubby plows snow for the town highway, and they have been mightly busy the last 4 days.

I had to call into work because the 4 wheel drive in my truck decided to stop working. We live on a hill, and it's needed to crawl back up when it snows real bad.

So it does appear I will lose my job of 3.5 years. I don't have the money to get the truck fixed.

I forgot to add to my opening post. I also can hand knit. I do own a knitting machine, and still have to get it set up. I hope to do some serious knitting in the future.

I was trying to sell off some yarn online, but now that the crochet bug has bitten me, I am not so eager to sell the yarn. Well I do have some baby yarn that might have to go. I just don't like the feel of 2 or 3 ply yarn. It seems awkward to me. I like the 4 ply the best so far.

I am really amazed how addicting this stuff can be :)

good morning... your from my neck of the woods... I live just south of Lake Ontario about 10 minutes from oswego.. this is a great place to be.. check out the CAL forum ... look up in the Sky group is a great group of girls...

Hello and welcome from Chenango County NY! My hubby works for the State and also drives snow plow. It HAS been a miserable few days! Hopefully we'll get a little break before the next round of snow. It's good to have my crocheting to get absorbed in this time of year when he's either working, sleeping, or miserable from the LACK of sleeping.

BTW, I love baby yarn, so if you are looking to get rid of some perhaps I'll be able to take some off your hands. :)

Dawn, you can PM if you want to.

I did have the yarn up on ebay auctions. You can find it by doing a completed search for this user id.

I don't want to spam this board. I am really enjoying it way too much.

Thanks everyone for all the replies.....I am very happy to be here :)

You are ALL so super nice on this board.

I am really happy I found this place.

I bought myself a book today. I tell myself it was a early Xmas present. I was researching on ebay and there it was :)

I am sure you all understand about needing crochet patterns ..........

Archived