Doily with Anchor Thread

vhanna26

Ever since I got the Anchor Thread from Jackie last week, I wanted to make something with it.

I finally settled on this doily. Here's my version.

summer.jpg

It really needs some blocking. I loved working with the thread. The colors are great and the thread is very soft, almost yarn like. At first, I did split the thread at times, but I adjusted my speed, and things were fine.:)

I look foward to making more items with all of the pretty colors that I received!

I love the doily, Vera! It looks great! :clap

I loved working with the thread. The colors are great and the thread is very soft, almost yarn like. At first, I did split the thread at times, but I adjusted my speed, and things were fine.:)

That's the impression I have from the anchor, too. It's very soft and I had some problems with splitting at first, but it was easily remedied. Gorgeous! :manyheart

That's so pretty, Vera!!!! :clap What size hook did you use?

The pattern calls for a size 8, but I almost always use a hook a couple of sizes larger, so I went to a 6 to give me gauge.

That's the impression I have from the anchor, too. It's very soft and I had some problems with splitting at first, but it was easily remedied. Gorgeous! :manyheart

It really does work almost like yarn in that it has more give than the other threads I've worked with.

Now that I look at the photo, I'm reminded that I really need to block it.;)

Great job Vera! I :manyheart the color! It turned out great! :clap :clap

I've yet to try the Anchor threads - although Anchor is sold here in Europe I've not run across it - my LYS do not seem to like thread that much! I did come across a good selection of DMC Petra (size 5) which had some great colors that I grabbed up lickety split!

Archived