Interweave K---- Crochet 2005

topperarnold

Got this from the summer issue of Interweave K---- :P, the 2005 special crochet issue will be available on Sept. 7. I was sort of lukewarm on the first one. I swear I see better designers on the internet...wish publishers would contact them :D

Sara

I loved the last one as well!!! :clap I have already added a few of the items to my "wish list"....meaning I would love to make them for myself but am too busy making items for others. :think Can't figure that one out! lol

Can't wait for the next one

Donna

Don't get me wrong, I liked the issue and there were lots of things I want to make. My biggest concern is my size. I'm not sure a chunk like me could get away with wispy crochet dresses etc. :blush I really liked the cover skirt, but again, is that something a middle aged chunk can get away with?

Sara

What bugged me about the original one was that all of the patterns I really liked were knit + crochet. My knitting is so awful compared to my crocheting, so I think if I made any of them, it would look like complete junk. :(

I still have high hopes for the new one! :)

What bugged me about the original one was that all of the patterns I really liked were knit + crochet.

Now I do remember thinking that myself. I thought it was kind of a cop out. I felt bad for folks who couldn't knit at all :(

Sara

This is the cover for the 2004 special issue. I made the skirt for Hamlette, but I was a little disappointed to see that a several patterns in their crochet issue were knit/crochet both. I'm just learning how to knit, so it was completely beyond me. I think once I get a little better at knitting I'll try my hand at some of the patterns because they're gorgeous! (Especially that beautiful top with the interlocking rings!)

Oh, I'm heavy too and was a little sad to see that a lot of the really cute stuff was for super small sizes. Big girls like to look great too and we don't all know how to compensate to make patterns bigger.

I think that dress is in the 2004 issue. I keep looking at it longingly. It's one of those things that even if I lost weight, I'm too shapely for.

Ooh, if that dress is in the 2004 issue, please let me know. Is this issue still on the market?

Ooh, if that dress is in the 2004 issue, please let me know. Is this issue still on the market?

I haven't been able to find it locally anymore, thought I saw it in March, so you may be able to find a copy.

However, you can order a backissue from Interweave directly. They ship fast -- I ordered it, a backissue of Spin-Off and a backissue of IK all and they arrived within a week via FedEx.

Ok, I did a little homework, and you guys are right; it's from the last issue. I'm glad I don't have to wait to get the pattern, but I have to wait and whittle down my stash a little before I buy any more yarn. Been splurging a little too much lately. Guess I can add the mag to my wish list though. :)

Thanks for letting me know!

Archived