I did it! I used up my stash!

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. It's been a real crazy week (or so!). Don't worry though, I've gotten more yarn and am making a sweater for my daughter. I don't have a picture of the afghan yet. Hey, Santa, I want a digital camera for Christmas!!! What's more, my dog thinks that the afghan is hers. She even tried to claim it before I got the motifs together!! But she's my baby so I guess I'll have to share. I'll try to get a picture up as soon as I can. But first-----I need to go buy some more yarn!!!

boswifedeb

I'm working on a blanket to get rid of my stash, too. I think I have enough to do two or even three of them! But when I'm done I'll have enough room to put my clothes in the closet.

I've joined the stash busting CAL to do what you did and I still can't get close to using it all. I started with 6 tubs and 2 trash bags full and I'm only down to 5 1/2 (+/-) tubs. Share your secret, PLEASE!!!

Ellie 13

I just wanted to give my :2c - half a tub and two trash bags is a great start! Keep it up!

P.S. I hate crocheting with black thread anymore, it is just too hard to see the stitches, so if you were me, what color would you use as a border around these squares when I get ready to set them together? Keep in mind this afghan will look like Jacobs coat of many colors, some light, some dark, some bright, some more muted.

You know, everything on this earth looks wonderful against these things that God created: the rich creamy blue of the sky, the vibrant green of the grass, the rich chocolate of the earth, or even the hot gold of the desert sand. Why not choose one of these four for an unexpected but beautiful border color? :crocheting

Ellie, I don't have a secret. Evidently my stash was not as big as some other people's. I wish I could say the same for my rear end!!! But don't worry, I've already started building another stash, so the sickness has passed! By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

boswifedeb

Ah, but when he used up his bullet stash, what would he have to show for a it? A target with a bunch of holes in you. Whereas, when you use up your stash, you have a beautiful afghan to keep you warm.

Congrats on using your stash!

And buying more of course... :lol

I tried using all mine doing those 3SUB afghans (it's a CAl using 3 strands to make a 3 Strand Ugly Blanket, but never ends up really ugly), but aparently didn't make a dent and that didn't include the new yarn I bought:blush. I have 1 3SUB done and another started...

I would also love to see this afghan, too, when you have a chance...

Debbi

Archived