six weeks till 2008

I'm not quite sure why but I have been thinking that I should devise a plan for my crocheting in 2008.

I have a ton of stitch pattern images in my All Crafted file and I would really like to designate 2008 as the year I make up ghans and shawls that use those wonderful patterns.:yes

I tried to tell myself that I would not make any items for charity next year but I just can't see myself doing that :no

Do any of you plan out your year ahead in crochet? Someone mentioned the planning for Christmas in July, what gets put on that list?

I'm just curious about how people think about this or if people think about this?

I like the idea of planning for next year. I have so many items I would like to make, and for once, I want to make some things for myself. When I thought it over, and realized that I've made 3 items for myself in 30 years ~ wow! Items for me always get pushed to the end of the list.

I must get my Christmas crochet finished before I can consider anything, but a plan for the new year sounds great to me!

2008 ~ but where did 2007 go??? :think

I have a few I would like to make for myself too ~ after my Mom's poncho & afghan get done. And the little things that pop up in between. :manyheart

Darski,

This is so funny, because I just put together my 2008 crochet folder!!! :lol Maybe I'm a total dork, but I have it all set up, 2 sections Charity, and Personal. I made a goals list for each section, and left loose paper in each seciton to keep track of my progress, hook sizes, colors, dye lots, etc. I don't usually reach my personal goals, but in 2007 I have reached my charity ones.

Anyway, yes I think about it...maybe a little too much

Darski,

This is so funny, because I just put together my 2008 crochet folder!!! :lol Maybe I'm a total dork, but I have it all set up, 2 sections Charity, and Personal. I made a goals list for each section,

Anyway, yes I think about it...maybe a little too much

This is what I have been thinking too. I want to move out into new areas and stretch what I can do with crochet.

And I don't think anyone can plan too much. Planning is not something I do, it is who I am. :wlol

This sounds like a brilliant idea. Just got to think about the best way to go about it. Maybe if I sit down after Christmas presents are done and go through my patterns and go through my yarn to match up ideas - I might get organised.

All of my girlfriends go mad at me because they tell me that I am too organised - My scrapbook papers are all filed by colour and manufacturer, and my stickers are all sorted into catergories - also my Mum's are done - they think that I am crazy because Mum is always asking me where things are and I can tell her straight away.

Why didn't I think to do this with my Crocheting??? LOL

Plan for 2008:

finish Cross stitch Angel for Nieces wedding

start and finish Mother's tree for my sister's christmas present

finish spread for my bed

make scrap spread for youngest child's hope chest (she is 18 after all)

make at least 1 round ripple afghan for me but I've bought enough yarn to make at least 2

and last but not least I've joined a local knit & crochet group I want to make at least 1 meeting a month!

I think I planned too much again!

I promised myself that when Christmas is over, I would limit myself to one take-along project and one at-home project. That includes cross-stitch....I have a WIM list a mile long, and I keep pushing back the cross-stitch in favor of the crochet, so now I have a BLANK frame hanging on my bedroom wall waiting for me to finish the cross-stitch that will go in it! It's part of a set, so I bought both frames when I framed the first piece - I wanted to make sure they matched, and the only way to do that was to buy both frames at once.

So that's my plan for 2008. Only two projects at the same time - that way I won't be working on an afghan when I should be finishing a cross-stitch thing. And I'll get my crochet fix through take-along projects. I'm also planning to make a few things for ME this year.... I have several purse patterns I want to try, and those are great take-alongs.

Now it'll be interesting to see how long I'm able to resist starting more than two projects....anybody want to place some bets?? :lol

Well, I think it's nifty,your idea. I haven't done such for a couple reasons:

1) I am so tunnel-visioned about my upcoming Commencement. By golly, I'll have a masters degree; and,

2) I am re-embarking on the fiber arts journey AFTER I graduate and have the time for it.

Fortunately, I stumbled upon C-ville and have been visiting and posting psyching myself up for when I am done with school and can begin crocheting again in earnest. I must say, the visitors here and their posts are really whetting my appetite and I am most excited about the possibilities.

I have been amassing patterns and yarn and oh my golly! What's a re-novicer to do? I already have so much to work with and it's great.

Thanks to you all for your time, your posts, and your love of the art.

Namaste,

SnL

2008 ~ but where did 2007 go??? :think

Oh didn't you know we skipped 2007? Yeppers, went from 2006 straight to 2008. :devil Well, it seems thataway anyway.

Oh didn't you know we skipped 2007? Yeppers, went from 2006 straight to 2008. :devil Well, it seems thataway anyway.

boy is that ever true!

I cannot believe that we are almost to Dec. already.. Never blink.. you lose too much time that way.:eek

I was thinking of 2008 just this week. Of course, I need to finish up the last of the Christmas presents first....but after that...

I want to make new things that I haven't tried before.

I want to continue to surprise myself by designing plus-size designs and little girl designs.

I want to continue charity work as it's important to give back to others who have less than I do.

Lastly, I want to continue being part of Crochetville....making friends all over the world.

I agree. Must have skipped it when we changed the dates of Day Light Savings time. :lol

The year goes by just so fast.

As for planning, I start thinking about what I am making for the county fair, which is in August.

I look for two very nice afghan patterns, two clothing items patterns, and then some other patterns for projects. I usually start the beginning of January on the actual projects.

So I guess I do plan ahead. I just don't write the schedule down. No, it's all in my head, in between the grocery lists and the "Got to get it done" lists.:lol:lol:lol

:manyheart

Archived