Not a Happy Crocheter

kwoolls

Just came back from AC Moore and almost all the yarn shelves were bare and I mean bare...

Started talking to a lady and she said when she asked them why they said it was from the sale and that they have down sizing the yarn dept because they feel it is not popular anymore WHAT!!! SAY WHAT!!!!

Even there Hooks Books and other gadgets were almost bare ...Oh i also asked if they had any tote handles and was told they did away with them too...

This is just not right...I think first thing Monday morning I am going to call corporate and find out why this is happening.....I was so depressed after leaving that store...

I haven't been to my local AC Moore in a couple of weeks, knew they had some sale going but never got there. There is usually a lot of yarn in this store but the crochet books are sadly lacking. I usually get them from Amazon way before the store does (if it ever gets them). Even the leaflets are so-so.

Hope to get there soon and will find out what is happening.

LI Roe

I have no idea why they think this is not popular anymore but they are down to 2 rows and 1 side row....and most of it was empty...Actually everything in the yarn dept was empty....It is so sad to see this...

I haven't been to A.C. Moore in months, simply because it's the furthest craft store in the area near me. I used to specifically go for the pattern books though. They always had a ton more modern day ones that weren't all potholders or afghans like the other stores have. I did notice when I was there the last time they had a bunch of stuff on sale. However, I can't believe coporate thinks people aren't buying yarn. Most of the time, the yarn section is so full it's hard to shop around so many people.

I am surprised by this news, I was planning a trip this morning to my ACMoore, I will tell you of a great place on the internet that I found.....http://www.smileysyarns.com they have sales!!

Well, there isnt an AC Moore near me, and the JoAnn's is a good 40 minutes away. We do have a Michael's near by but the selection is poor. It seems to be filled with all that fluffy stuff...though there are some Vanna yarns now...you get a choice of 10 colors or so.

Where oh where can I see and touch a skein of Canadiana?

There have been 3 large yarn stores close; you know the ones with tons to choose from, and lots of colors. All that are left are smallish specialty shops with specialty wool.

I have resorted to going on line, but the colors arent always true, and I have bought some off colors.

I dont understand why these stores are changing stock and closing when I keep hearing people around saddened and frustrated that they have no where to go for solid good quality yarns...

isserlie

Hmm, that doesn't sound quite right to me. I hope that person was just misinformed. My mom was just as her AC Moore last night, and they had plenty of yarn. Why don't you call and ask the manager? Mom's AC Moore just had a sale last week, so shelves may have been depleted because of that. Patty

Archived