Cat eating finished products!

My cat keeps eating my finished products. I did notice a few years ago that she would occasionally "pick" at one of our afghans with her teeth. Recently, not thinking about that time, I decided to make her a Kitty Cuddle Mat http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/Cuddle_Mat.pdf and she has been pulling on it too.

It is probably frustrating my husband just as much as me, because I had figured it was a project for a pet, and I had actually wondered ho it would fair her claws. He has been yelling at her :irk for ruining all of my hard work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?

Whenever I'm cuddling with my cat, he loves to lick my sweaters -- always the ones I've made myself. I'm not sure, but I think he's either a) grooming me, or b) searching for that elusive sheep...

I made a lapghan size ghan for my Pookydog so he would have his own blankie. It actually lasted about a year and a half before it was just too tore up. He loved it so much - and I mean he loved ON it ( I don't think he realized he's fixed) - and he would stretch and paw at it before he laid down on it too.

Your cat might want to eat it if it is wool, more than any other fabric, but they do go after just about anything.

Years ago, one of my cats would lick the chenille bedspread. You know how the pattern would be made up of little clumps of chenille? Uh-huh. At bedtime, he'd start ... lick, lick, lick. It drove me crazy! Then I discovered he was actually patiently pulling those little pieces up and out of the bedspread by licking them like that. Then he'd eat them. The little stinker. I finally had to use colored sheets for bedspreads after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts. It does seem like she sticks to only one item at a time, so maybe I'll just leave her with her mat and hope that she stays away from everything else. If not, I'll have to give the vet a call!

My woolsucker kitty would make wet spots sucking on my velux blanket. Then he made bare spots! When I gave him to a my doctors daughter to be a barn cat in her horse barn she had to promise to give him a velux blanket of his very own to sleep/nurse/love on.

It always seems to be the Meezers (Siamese) that do these odd things! Two of our kitties are Siamese mixes, and they're both just as odd as can be! Our male, Ed-A-Puss, was an orphan, and I raised him from about one week of age on a bottle. He was bottle fed until he was about 10 weeks of age, but he still displays some of the strange behaviors of cats that were weaned too early, probably because he never really knew his cat-mom and only knew a hu-mom instead.

Anyhoo, when DH comes in from work with his shirt all wet and sweaty, the first thing he does is sit down, take off his shirt, and drop it on the floor at his feet. Ed materializes out of nowhere and goes into action. He flops down on the shirt and takes his two front paws and lays there and literally STUFFS the shirt into his mouth with his two front paws. The first time we saw him do this we were dumbfounded! We thought it was just a flukey thing. The next time he came in all sweaty, he again took off the shirt and put it down, and like clockwork, here came Ed and started stuffing the shirt into his mouth again! Now we have to HIDE the sweaty shirts or he will seek them out to engage in this bizarre behavior!

MaryPat, our other Meezer, doesn't eat things, but she hides and attacks us as we walk by. Screaming and laughing only incites her to do it more, I guess it's the reaction she's going for, and when she gets it, she's tickled to pieces. :lol

Elle

• 3 months later...

My cat, Edgar, actually made me have the cut the thread half way through a doily I've been working on for months (I don't get much time between school and my fiance) I came home one day and the ball was strung four times around my recliner, three around our pool table, and once around our dining table. It was all in a big knot in the middle and i spent two days trying to untangle it but it was no use--i had to cut all of it out.

Archived