Remembrance Poppy November 11

cupcake

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row, "

poppy1la1.th.jpg poppyvg6.th.jpg poppy2cc3.th.jpg

November 11 is Remembrance Day in many Commonwealth Countries. This is a day of remembering those who have served our country at war and who gave their lives for our freedom.

poppies2kt0.th.jpg

I designed this little poppy earlier this year and the pattern is on my blog. I just thought I would remind people that it is available. They work up well in cotton as well as a heavier yarn. Maybe some of you might make a bunch for the veterans homes in your area. Even just make one for yourself to wear on your lapel.

Here is the direct link to the pattern. I thought I would post this as today is the first of November which gives you 10 days to make your poppies.

http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

Lest we forget.

Cute! I remember getting my little flocked plastic poppy every year...before I moved away to college and life got in the way :) I had quite a collection at one time...now they're all gone. :sighs

Yes, here it’s called Poppy Day, although it seems as though it isn’t much remembered by most people these days, especially in my age group (people in their 20's and 30's) which is sad. It is so important to remember the sacrifices so many have made.

So November 11 is Poppy day in Canada, South Africa, Great Britain, New Zealand and Australia. Any other countries recognise this?

I always remember wearing my poppy on Veterans day growing up...this will be a wonderful pattern to make...thank you for sharing it; may we always remember ...God Bless

So many countries seem to recognise this. I think it is so important. In recent yers the crowds have really grown here and Rembrance day is very importnat. The school my sons goes to has a special service which is a good thing.

Archived