Plus Size Crochet by Margaret Hubert

sarasara

OK, here's another one I'm anxiously awaiting! This new book is released very soon - tomorrow, I think. Anyone who has it - please provide your feedback. I'd love to hear what it's like and what you think of it. Thanks in advance! :manyheart

I think most every plus sized woman is anxiously awaiting this book.

I have it on order; however I don't think I'll actually have it in my hands until sometime next week. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the replies! Can't wait to read the reviews. MH is a favorite of mine - I still use her knitting/crochet book from the 1970s. :)

Oy~ I just read the review - and it wasn't very positive....

What do you say ladies? Anyone agree with the review?

Yes I am very curious also. I haven't seen the book in person yet. I am assuming you mean the review on Amazon? I am puzzled by it, as the reviewer says the yarns used are too bulky and the stitches are too big. Looking at the sample pages on Amazon, I see what looks like some pretty small yarn (like the mesh-y blue-green top on the contents page, which looks yummy to me), and the one pattern that you can see uses E and F hooks--not very big hooks. The Amazon preview makes it look like a good book to me.

I'm worried. :ohdear

Pre-ordered the book, and it was shipped early last week. The USPS tracking said it was delivered yesterday. However, I didn't get it. :emptymail

Our mailman has delivered mail to the wrong house before. I checked with a couple of my neighbors, and they didn't get it. Hoping the book was just left behind on the truck, to be delivered on Tuesday. If I don't get it by Tuesday night, I'll definately contact the PO. :rant

Wish I had the shipment insured. I had the option, but chose "no."

Ohhh, LadyBeBop...I will keep my fingers crossed for you! That is so frustrating when things like that happen! Well I just have to say that I really, really like the book. I don't usually buy alot of books that have articles of clothing alone but took a chance on this one. I am not disappointed and can hardly wait to make that sweater that I mentioned in an earlier post. You don't HAVE to use the same yarn as they use. Actually some of the yarn that they used, I've never even heard of. Just my opinion but I am happy that I purchased it!

Did you order it from amazon.com? I have had this happen with things I've ordered through them before, and they always ship me a new one right away. Amazon's customer service is fairly good, and they usually answer your emails within 24 hours.

I'm worried. :ohdear

Pre-ordered the book, and it was shipped early last week. The USPS tracking said it was delivered yesterday. However, I didn't get it. :emptymail

Our mailman has delivered mail to the wrong house before. I checked with a couple of my neighbors, and they didn't get it. Hoping the book was just left behind on the truck, to be delivered on Tuesday. If I don't get it by Tuesday night, I'll definately contact the PO. :rant

Wish I had the shipment insured. I had the option, but chose "no."

LadyBeBop - I've had good replies from Amazon customer service, too. Also encourage you to contact them if you haven't received the book by now. How frustrating!

I also saw the negative review on Amazon.com. This makes me concerned that the patterns in the book may be flattering only on very tall, statuesque women, not someone shorter like me.....:think I have had problems with some patterns looking too bulky and unflattering on me when using heavier yarns -- it really depends on the stitch pattern and shape of the garment, though. Aren't the patterns in the book supposed to drape well and flatter all sorts of rounder figures?

I did get the book on Tuesday (no it wasn't from Amazon). I think what happened...DH and I got back from a trip last Saturday. Although we gave the mailbox key to our college-aged daughters, they never checked the mail (after all, they never get any mail). As a result, the mail was overflowing by the time we got home on Saturday, and there wasn't room for the mailman to deliver the book.

I thought it was a good book, and there's a few patterns I'd make. However, some of the patterns did not look good on some of the models. Especially the vest made with the ribbon yarn. I thought the vest looked overly tight on her. Too bad, because that's the easiest looking project with the yarn readily available.

Archived