Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Oh Mel...

Since you seem to be the RR queen i have a question for you...i want to make my Graciebabie a blended 2 strand RR for Christmas since she doesn't have a heavy blankie...i was going to us Simply Soft Brites and a K hook so that its a tight weave and warm...she is 11 months old....what size do you think i should make it and how much yarn do you think it would take???

Wendy

I love your RR you are doing and the colors you choose.

Linda

I simply adore that rooster...i have them all over my kitchen and collect them.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaylen, a blanket with brites for Graciebabie will be terrific!! I'll be curious as to what Mel suggests, too...

Here's the scarf I finished for Phil (also posted on Sky CAL). The flash washed out the deep burgundy, but you can see how nicely the Marble yarn stripes itself. I th_HPIM0354.jpg

alternated sc and dc for a tight stitch (it's DK weight yarn).

Clickable...

Morning Ladies,

Just dropped in to say hello. Got 14 squares done yesterday despite not feeling well. Medicine wasn't working so I had to try therapy, right?:lol

Don't feel any pain today. Vision and head not completely clear but at least the pain is gone. Plan to get a lot done today.

Will check in later. Have a great day Ladies!

Shay thanks.

Judy the scarf looks great. Does that marble yarn come in other colors as well and what brand is it.

Valerie have a great day and take it easy.

Ok I have 2 more rows to do on my zebra brite ripple then I want to try to add some squares in. Does anyone know whether you add them in by sc or whipstitch.

Wendy your blended RR is beautiful. I love it. One of these days I'm going to attempt a blended one.

Linda Love the RR. I love the colors. And the rooster is amazing. I wish I had the patience to make something like that.

Athba, Congratulations on the yarn purchase. The brites would be great in a RR.

Brenda, congrats on finishing your messenger bag. Can't wait to see a pic of it.

Cara, the recipes sound so yummy. I am starting my recipe collection over since mine disappeared during our recent move. and when I saw you posted some of your sister's recipes, I just had to take a peek.

Judy. Poopsicles :rofl:rofl

I love the scarf you made for Phil. I want to try some of that yarn.

Shaylen, RR Queen?? :blush Thank you:hug

I have never made a blended RR yet. I have no idea how much yarn it would take. Linda, Wendy or someone else that has made them would have a better idea of how much yarn it would take. The kid size single strand RR I made was about 40 inches or so point to point. I was going to make it 48 inches, but ran out of yarn. Sorry I can't be more help.

Wendy, the Marble yarn comes in other shades from neutral combos to light, pastel shades, though not a huge variety here (it's expensive) - saw it in AC Moore yesterday:)..its an imported brand name (Marble) from the UK. The label says: Made in England for James C. Brett - and it's washable!

Poopsicles? Yuck! :yuck

My brother had a dog that used to love the winter because the rabbit poop would freeze up. He'd run outside, scoop up a mouthful with the snow and crunch-crunch-crunch awaY! :lol

My dogs don't care if it's frozen:P

I forgot to add that I hope I didn't miss anyone in my previous post. If I did, please accept this :hug and my deepest apologies.

We woke up to SNOW :snow this morning. Looks like we got a couple of inches, and it is still coming down. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today. I'll sit here, look out the sliding glass doors and crochet the day away :hook:crocheting

Morning Krystal,

I was checking to keep from falling further behind in reading post. I still have 3 to 4 days of post to catch up on. I was surprise to find that today is going very slow. I'm going to fix my sister and myself a bite to eat and jump on the housekeeping so that I can start crocheting at least by 2.

Will check back later. Have a great day!

Krystal, I understand about being far away from the heater. I improvise. I am always the first to get cold, even with air conditioning. I finally got a heating pad that I can either sit on, or place on my lap. That has greatly improved my life. :)

Valerie - I forgot about my profile....

Miss Julie, would you be so kind as to explain to Valerie about my profile? :lol

Anyway, in answer to my avatar - it's from an old theme... it was cities of the world, and I'm near Niagara Falls. I just haven't changed it to the current them... What IS the current theme?

Anybody out there to chat with me? I'm so LONELY!!! :rofl

Where's Cara, Tab, Judianne, Kathy, Jeannie??? Anybody?

Anyway, in answer to my avatar - it's from an old theme... it was cities of the world, and I'm near Niagara Falls. I just haven't changed it to the current them... What IS the current theme?

Anybody out there to chat with me? I'm so LONELY!!! :rofl

Where's Cara, Tab, Judianne, Kathy, Jeannie??? Anybody?

Hi Krystal :manyheart The current theme is Christmas (according to Wendy's sig).

I'm around procrastinating and waiting for my class to start in 15 minutes. Should be working on course outlines for next semester but... :devil

Hi Krystal :hi:hi

I'm sitting here watching the snow. It is our first snow of the season, and I am so glad I am off work today. My DD is having a snow day today. She is so happy.

I have so much hookin' to do today, but here I am on the 'Ville. Oh well, I have to keep caught up.

Here is a pic of what it looks like outside my door.

th_FirstSnow1g.jpg

clickable

I'm here, i'm here. :jumpyay

I completely understand about freezing. Our livingroom isn't huge but our puter is on the opposite side of our heater. My fingers get very numb when i'm over here. :wbrr

I worked on my ME ghan last night & accomplished 6 rows. :cheer

Archived