Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lolCara

I too love my caller ID. But I hate to hear the phone ring so I see who it is & if it's a telemarketer then I just pick up/hang up all in 2 secs. :lol I was getting one call from one person & then my Mom told me to put my name on the DNC list so I did. That was approx. 6 months ago & ever since I get 2-3 calls a day. :oops

:lolCara

I too love my caller ID. But I hate to hear the phone ring so I see who it is & if it's a telemarketer then I just pick up/hang up all in 2 secs. :lol I was getting one call from one person & then my Mom told me to put my name on the DNC list so I did. That was approx. 6 months ago & ever since I get 2-3 calls a day. :oops

Yeah, that DNC list is a joke. I think they distribute it to telemarketers :lol I do that pick up/hang up thing too. DH thought I was nuts the first time I did it. He said, "they're gonna call right back" and I told him no they wouldn't, they're annoying not stupid :lol

Yeah, that DNC list is a joke. I think they distribute it to telemarketers :lol I do that pick up/hang up thing too. DH thought I was nuts the first time I did it. He said, "they're gonna call right back" and I told him no they wouldn't, they're annoying not stupid :lol

AMEN sista. :lol :lol :lol

Nope, I've found that they're stupid, too.

:lol :lol :lol I almost had one talked into paying for a subscription for me to the magazine she was plugging but she finally caught on :lol Big Daddy says I'm mean to telemarketers. I've gotta find something to entertain myself between WIPs :lol

Cara that is too funny. I love hearing the tricks people play on telemarketers. It may be mean but it's still funny :lol

Oh you can really get 'em going sometimes because they just don't expect it :lol The younger they are the easier it is :devil

My mentally challenged and speech impaired brother will ask a telemarketer a million questions, like their birthday, who was president when they were born...well, one day the phone rang at his group home, but his houseparents were busy and asked Tom to grab it when they realized it was a telemarketer. That one never called back again!

Judy - I tell ya, that Phil is a special fella :manyheart

The longer we're married the more I realize that...:manyheart

...nite, ladies...going to have a bit more time on my blended RR (got more pink today)...the new AC Moore had such pretty yarn/colors! Also found some teal RH Soft - on sale - that will help me use my leftover stash of Soft to make a throw that will really match Phil's home office.

Telemarketers are a pet peeve of mine, too. The carpet cleaning place at one of my previous homes was particularly bad. I kept telling them that I didn't have carpet, but they kept calling about every month or so. I finally stopped them when this young guy called. He pitched his spiel and I agreed that it sounded wonderful and was a really good deal for the money, etc., etc. He finally said, "and when can I sign you up for a cleaning?" My reply was, "It sounds like such a good deal, but I all I have is hardwood floors." Stopped him cold. They finally got the message, because they quit calling. :devil

Viola! It's finally done. It's more a duffle bag than a tote bag but it works!

I made it using Krystal's daisy squares. I love that pattern and just had to make something out of it. Just needs some big pink buttons for the flap :yes

daisybag1.jpg

daisybag2.jpg

Cara, that duffel bag is adorable!!! :yayWait till Krystal sees it!!

You're so imaginative...

Need help: I have some Bernat Softee Chunky here - was going to make a tote-style bag for my 17 year old niece...but not crazy about it - for her, anyway. Need to find a pattern for a shoulder bag or something that's more "with it"...

Any suggestions would be welcome....meanwhile I'll browse....:hook

Good morning :hug

I finally did some more work on my ME afghan last night and put in 18 rows on the 3SUB :yay I think it may be closer to half dane now and I can't wait til it is finished to snuggle under as it gets colder :manyheart I'm off to school for the morning to get some things done while there is no one else around to bug me or distract me. I like quiet times to work! I'll be peeking in on a regular basis though :D Have a great day all :hug

12 :eek That baby's big enough to keep a quilt under control I reckon :yes

That's great! :yay It would even keep my RRs under control.:lol

Have a great day, Karen.:hug

I have to spend more time with the heirloom bedspread I'm repairing. Made a lot of progress yesterday. Just have to finish it up now.:hook

Archived