Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Shelly, please be careful with your diet and the meds!! You can't afford to slip up - :hug:manyheart

And Phil's doctor, after his tests, said that my sweetie is in PHENOMENAL shape. The doctor's words - not mine:)

and doc was late, as usual (but always worth the wait) and I made 2 squares using patterns I never tried before!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie...you must be hurting for poor Cam...hope he feels better soon, and doesn't give any bugs to Grandma! Our son used to get all kissy and affectionate when he was ill...and you know what always happened...

Judy - Glad everything went so well at the doctors for both you and Phil :h5

Julie - Awww poor little Cam :( Yep, he needs lots of Grandma lovin'. That always cures what ails ya :manyheart

Shelly - Oh dear. The tasty little piggies can be such a tease can't they? Then they go and get you into trouble :no Glad they got everything under control Nothing to mess with there :no

Brenda - Great progress on your bag :tup

Tabby - Howdy Sweetie :hug

Just got back from DH taking me to the Michaels yarn sale. I'm going in with hook poised :hook

Judy, Glad to hear Phil's check up went great too!!

Julie, sorry to hear that Cam is sick. I'm sure you are taking great care of him. Remember to wash your hands often!!

Shelly, it's good to hear everything is now back under control.

Brenda, sounds like your hook is flying! Great Job!

Cara, what did ya get at Michael's?

Hope I didn't miss anyone, but I'm sure I did. Hugs to you that I missed :hug:hug

I spent the day crocheting on the RR's I have going. I have to frog 1 of them though....I used the wrong size hook...oops :blush. At least it was only 7 rows.

I didn't post any pictures here since they aren't for me.

Cara, what did ya get at Michael's?

Three big ol' bag of yarn! I got yarn to make my BIL and my niece a ghan and some Lion Brand Suede to make a purse and more Vanna yarn (not much of that) and a bunch of "basics" like black, white and off white. :yes

Three big ol' bag of yarn! I got yarn to make my BIL and my niece a ghan and some Lion Brand Suede to make a purse and more Vanna yarn (not much of that) and a bunch of "basics" like black, white and off white. :yes

Great Haul :clap:clap

I am doing my best to stay away from Michael's this week. But it is so hard, since it is in the same plaza where I work.

Shay -sorry you are under the weather again. Hope you soon feel better. I know you get tired of feeling bad all the time .

Judy- great news, I bet you are so relieved that you both got great reports from your Dr's . :)

Krystal- I know where you're coming from. I try to avoid stomach flu like the Plague, because I already have a bad stomach and am not real fond of being around someone who has the flu. I also tend to be one of the people who is convinced I have it if I am in the same room with someone who does .

BUT, this is Cam we're talking about. Can't turn my back on him . If I get sick, at least I know he was taken good care of today and was being watched over all day .:manyheart

Boy, all you guys talking yarn sales this week have me itching to go,although that's the last thing I need at the moment . I may screw up the nerve to make a run up to our Michaels, but it's in the big city too and I literally get hives driving up there --- too used to our hillbilly roads around here to get on the major multi-lane highways with cars whizzing by at 50 .

Fastest my car goes is about 35, because I drive like an old granny .:yes

I will not go to yarn stores...

I will not ... what was I saying? :think

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

I know you will, Krystal!

...and Cara... Isn't that Lion Brand suede the best!! The feel of it and the colors...wow.

I will not go back to the stores... I will not...

...I think I've run out of room to hide my stash:blush

I'm doing my best to use up some of my stash and not buy anymore new yarn unless I need it for a specific Christmas present. So far I'm doing pretty good. I just found more variegated yarn in my TLC tote :eek. It was buried under one of the variegates I'm using for the 4 RR's I'm making, so I started another one. I need to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up some more black ILTY for the RR's, but that's it. Michael's big yarn sale is so tempting, and I am doing everything in my power to stay away. I try to take my lunch break with someone else so I won't be tempted to walk to Michael's.

Wish Me Luck the rest of the week...I think I'm gonna need it :lol:lol

See, this is how I don't go to the yarn store: It's 40 miles away.

It's a rare occasion that I get out "that way", and some of those occasions, I'm feeling like I should behave and don't actually buy any yarn. The only thing is, I need more thread for my viceroy, so I'm going to have to head to JoAnn's on Thursday. That HUGE ball of thread (about Volleyball size) is now only this tiny little thing.

Mel, isn't that always the way - I was trying to use my stash...and now might need some more homespun to finish a small RR I started! Maybe I'll make it multicolor:D

Good night ladies:hug

It's been a long day and tomorrow will be just as long, in rainy weather.

Shay - Hope you feel better real soon hon :hug

Julie - But this is a good reason to go to the big city :yes Think of all the money you'll save. You're gonna need the yarn anyway so you might as well get it when it's at least 25% off. There. Did that work on you? DH didn't buy it :lol

Krystal - :rofl :rofl

Yeah, we're ALL going to stay out of the yarn stores. Sure.

Now, it just came to me that I am actually making a little something for myself currently. I started a little test bag in chenille that I considered "swatching" but I didn't frog it. I keep picking it up and working a few more rounds, to see what it will look like if it's a little taller. Tonight, I slid my tarot cards into the bag and it's a perfect fit. This particular deck is no longer available and keeping it protected would make me very happy.

My sister will have to teach me to do pictures now!

Joyce

I had to go to the dentist today and to reward myself for that, I went to Michaels. I only got two bags of yarn, but I spent $45. I felt kind of guilty about this because I don't have plans for most of what I bought. All dh said was, that if it made me happy to own the yarn it was okay by him. I had a terrible time deciding what to buy. I will make afghan sqares out of some of what I bought, and I got some wool to try a felted tote with. The rest I just chose because it felt nice and was a pretty color.

hello ladeis

wow do you know the feeling when you love a pattern and die to make it but every time you start you fell something wrong and your desire gets cool UNTIL YOU DISCOVER the right color for the pattern and do it with no hasitation??? :think

i always wanted to mek the FBB and i`ve started it 3 times but don`t know why didn`t finish it BUT now i knew that the best color for it is blue and i allready need a bag with this color with round handles and silver crystal brouch will make it fabulous :clap

i shall have photos for tomorrow of it and the finished half moon shawl :cheer

I love how we all rationalize our need to buy yarn. Shelly's statement that "I had to go to the dentist, so I went to Michael's after..." Now THAT would not make any sense to anyone else except the people right here on these boards.. ! :rofl

Nor would Cara's "Save yourself a trip" rationale... :lol

I personally like Judy's "I'm running out of room, but...."

Of course, I would NEVER have any of these thoughts cross MY mind... :devil

Just dropped in to say hello and good night/morning. I have to do 15 hours today beginning at 7am. Will chat with you guys later tonight. I managed to stitch my "ME" ghan horizontally. I still have to do the vertical and border. I do plan to post this Friday. Using the single crochet method for the first time. Haven't decided if I like it.

Just a quick :waving Glad everyone who has had medical tests have had great results. My dad has been in and out of hospital and he is due to have another Op on Tuesday. It is so depressing to see my dad, a man who was until about a year ago still a very active man, growing more despondent and sick day by day. I hope and pray things improve for him.

I have worked steadily on my Wave... no great leaps forward. I estimate that I now have about 50 or so rows to go. I will post photo at the end of this week.

Ines...my thoughts are with you....

Joyce...which deck of cards do you have? I have The Sacred Circle set a friend gifted me with. Love the pictures on it.

Well....gotta dash. off to see the curmudgeon soon

Cindy - I use the same principle when I buy yarn: no plans for the immediate future, but it's pretty and feels so good! Nothing wrong with that at all!!

later...:hug

Archived