Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it Carol- it looks like it has a lot of texture compared to a regular ripple .

Here's my ME pattern so far - one more green flower on the other end is partially done .

th_100_3034.jpg

Julie, the 'ghan is spectacular! I like the colour combination... so different from mine. I fell asleep last night so now I am waiting for some daylight to take my photo. I have added colours randomly but the result is beginning to grow on me.

Almost 50 posts since I signed off this morning:eek

I did fly through all of them...the pictures are wonderful! You are a very talented, and imaginative, bunch!

Megan, I was happy to see you back, too...I always found that in hard times it seems to help so much just by being around these ladies.

I also looked through your flicker photos - so pretty. I saw a lot of "calm" colors, including your shrug. I think DH wishes those were my color choices, rather than the bold ones I usually gravitate to! Purple is the excpetion to the bold rule for me...:c9

Thanks Ladies :manyheart

I was going to do it in colors but just couldn't come up with a color combo i liked so i just decided to go all Simply Soft in off white and an F hook....im really happy and pleased with how it looks and feels.

Thanks Ladies :manyheart

I was going to do it in colors but just couldn't come up with a color combo i liked so i just decided to go all Simply Soft in off white and an F hook....im really happy and pleased with how it looks and feels.

I dont' know why I don't ever do something that simple and elegant:think

Dont worry Judy this is my first DUH moment :lol....i always use lots of colors but for this one it just hit me that it would look good and that with only one color i can move it out of my Grandbabies reach easier.My DH says i should have more DUH moments :eek

Cara, love the colors you are using. Love the stitch too.

Megan, very nice bolero you are making. I've never attempted one, but one of these days I'll try one.

It's good to see you back. I've been thinking about you a lot today and wondering how you were doing. :hug:hug

Shaylen, I love the white ripple. It looks so elegant.

Shaylen...DH is alaways ribbing me about the broght colors I love...our guest room looks either like a house of ill repute or a classy B&B - depending on your POV! It has red walls, white lace curtains, a dark floor and a queen-size brass bed! It took us one day after DS moved out to rip out the carpet and strip everything out of the room and less than 2 weeks to get it all fixed up! Just like the commercial.:lol

Anybody wanna come visit??

ME!!! ME!!!

Although, I think Phil might wanna be out of town. I would imagine we could cause some trouble in person.. ;)

Oh, we could have MAJOR fun, K!!:lol :lol :lol

I had planned on waiting for a bit before I started my ME project and had finished a few other things, but I couldn't wait :lol:devil Especially after seeing the beautiful things you are all making :clap So I hit Wally-World this afternoon and came home with 13 skeins of Caron Simply soft in several colors and I am starting my 3SUB :yay I started with a chain of around 75 and I am using 3 strands, an N hook and all dc. I will post a picture later this evening. I can't find the camera. Hubby may have put it in a safe place and I don't feel like hunting too much. Or maybe he has it with him. He'll be home in a bit and I'll post what I've got done then.

Mom felt guilty for upsetting me today, so she took me to Michaels (which was planned) and Walmart. I got yarn for the Christmas present ghans I decided this moring to do....THREE kid size ones, so hopefully I can still do ME socks, too.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys, and Shay I love the ripple, it is so pretty with that yarn color . It makes the design stand out so well . How big is it turning out and did you use an online pattern for it ?

Cara- love the colors-- what is the light color , is it like a wheat color or off white ?

It sounds like a few more of you have jumped on the ME Bandwagon, since you got your yarn now -- good luck and can't wait to see photos !

Judy- I will vote for the House of Ill Repute.

Seeing what a classy looking lady you are, I highly doubt your house looks like that , but it DOES seem to add a little spice to the imagination to think you have a room that looks like that, and that Krystal wants to come stay in it .

I am picturing an Elvis-type theme-- maybe a purple crushed velvet bedspread and one of the mirror-balls for a light on the ceiling, and crushed velvet red curtains, and maybe some of those jangly bead curtains on the doorway ...................

A lady we used to know where we used to live told us how after she painted the upstairs hall in their house a deep rich red her grown daughter looked at it and said "I can't decide - Chinese restaraunt or a bordello" :lol

I can't keep up in here! I haven't started my ME project yet, still working away on a few other things first. I hope to start in a couple weeks though, hopefully sooner.

Last night I started on a different type of ME project. I bought a muslin doll at hobby lobby last week, wanting to use it for sizing for baby clothes or for dd's dolls. Well after what's happened, I decided that it will be MINE. So last night I started and today I just about finished an angel dress for my doll. Link to doll picture HERE

I just took my basic square yoke and then after I did the top I did 22 rows of shells. I used white simply soft and an "E" 3.5mm hook. It looks beautiful. All I need to do is finish the cap sleeves and then do a bonnet and booties. I can't find ANY bootie patterns I like for this. I want angelic and simple booties I can make with simply soft. So any suggestions would be great.

I'll post a picture of the doll tonight after my little one goes to bed.

Archived