What about this one in Christmas colors?

wendymarie37

UPDATE-help me pick the color order?

I'm looking for a pretty Christmas doily, but I don't want to make 100 little green leaves like some have. I've tried that before and quit. What do you think about this one in read and green or a with some white?

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/MagnoliaBlossom.html

The description is hilarious. "Your most important lamp." Now I gott go home and rank my lamps.

Please make it - I can't wait to see the result.

Ok, I start it next, but, help me pick the color order. I'm thinking leafy rows in green. But then we need some burgendy and forest green (the christmas colors I like. Where shall I put that do you think.?

Wendy

UPDATE-help me pick the color order?

I'm looking for a pretty Christmas doily, but I don't want to make 100 little green leaves like some have. I've tried that before and quit. What do you think about this one in read and green or a with some white?

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/MagnoliaBlossom.html

The description is hilarious. "Your most important lamp." Now I gott go home and rank my lamps.

Sorry I'm going to be no help on the color choices, because I think that would would look gorgeous done in, say, a white with a gold thread in it with the leaves each done in green, which is exactly what you didn't want to end up doing, but the thing about the "most important lamp" has me giggling now. I have looked around my apartment and can't decide which lamp is "most important", and even if I could choose one, how could I say so without making all the other lamps insanely jealous? :lol

Elle

IMO, if it were me doing it, I would do the leaves in red/burgundy variegated, if I could find it, and have the strands be in a med/dark green. The pattern reminds me of poinsettias, the way the petals are doubled. Also, with the poinsettia theme, you could add gold to the center, or just do one round of gold in the center. Just my 2 cents.

Archived