Cute Felted Purse/Tote

purlwise

Here is a picture of the purse/tote I started last Thursday night and finished last night on Saturday. I started out as being a medium sized tote, but after I took it out of the washer I could still see the stitches although it was felted. So I threw it back in! I have a front load machine, so I couldn't really check it until the cycle was finished, when I took it out it was now a small purse! LOL, but the felting is dense and you can't see the stiches. You can see in the photo that I picked up two skeins of Patons Merino Wool and forgot to check the dye lot! MY BAD! :eek But in person you can't really tell. So here it is!

IMG_2110.jpg

Pattern is from Family Circle Easy Crochet magazine, Fall/Winter 2005.

OMG That is stunning! I'm off to find that issue also. I thought you intentionally crocheted the brown in two shades. I looks fine to me. That pink & brown is really something! Woohoo!!

This bag is just what I've been looking for. I love it. I have just finished looking for, finding, and purchasing this issue. I can't wait until it arrives. I'm off tomorrow to get the yarn. Did you use two skeins for the body and one for the trim? Could you give some suggestions on what you would do to inlarge this pattern if you were to do it again? Thanks for posting this.

Di :)

Wow!! That is soooo cool!! I just love the brown and pink together!! Great job!! :) (A while back I felted a purse. I took it out of the washing machine and I could still see the stitches so I washed it again--it really shrunk--it's really too small to use for anything other than for going out for the evening or to church).

Thanks so much everyone! I liked the brown and pink too! Also the brown and light blue that is all the rage now. The brown color is actually called "Dark Olive", but it looks brownish, even in person! I think I may try again for the tote, but I will have to basically double the pattern to get the size I want after felting. It definitely took two washings to get the dense type of felting that I like. I'll let you know what happens!!

Archived