What I Found at Goodwill :)

ngold004

We have a huge Salvation Army store, and I've never been in there, so today I took a trip over there. Wow! Was it nice! They just recently moved into their current location. It's large, clean, and has great prices.

Alas, there was no yarn, but one of the women told me they do have yarn nearly every week. She told me to keep checking back. I will.

Real Deal

I never find any yarn in those kinds of stores :( but I do find afghans and can't figure out how they can only sell them for $3.00-$5.00 :eek I think to myself just think how much the yarn cost and how much time someone spent on making it! It is a shame.

We have a store called Savers here in Minneapolis with a yarn shelf. Plus there is 40% Senior Discount on Tuesdays! I limit myself to going twice a month for the sake of my pocketbook and storage space .

We have a store called Savers here in Minneapolis with a yarn shelf. Plus there is 40% Senior Discount on Tuesdays! I limit myself to going twice a month for the sake of my pocketbook and storage space .

:lol I know that feeling, I'm running out of money and space.

I never go shopping for yarn with a friend who knits/crochets because when I come across a great buy like yours, I want it all for myself & would feel obligated to leave some for her. I'm selfish that way. Of course, I might give/trade her for some of it.

I never go shopping for yarn with a friend who knits/crochets because when I come across a great buy like yours, I want it all for myself & would feel obligated to leave some for her. I'm selfish that way. Of course, I might give/trade her for some of it.

I definately understand that, when I saw all that yarn I had to gobble it up for myself :devil

• 2 months later...

Great find! Never thought of finding yarn at Goodwill, we have a large store here, I might check it out.

I've checked Big Lots and most of the Dollar stores, have had no luck. But my s.i.l. told me they do carry some yarn at Just $1 so I will try there next time I'm in town.

Have never had the luck of finding any at thrift stores or flea markets... good idea.

Archived