Great Thank You Note!

I admire a 9 months pregnant mom of a toddler who can get thank you notes out in just one week...

"Thank you so much for the beautiful baby blanket. It is the first handmade gift I have ever received and it will be treasured by me and Curtis. How perfect that it matches his room and even the colors!"

(Pics of the blanket here.)

It's such a great feeling when a gift is appreciated! It makes me sad, though, to think this is the first handmade gift the mom has ever gotten.

I got one that quickly once too, it was amazing. She was afraid she might pop and not be able to send them later! I am so glad it was appreciated, one time I made one and my friend got 6 homemade blankets, and didn't spend much time on them as opposed to other gifts. Good job I had added extras!

That's a great thank you....love the ghan too!

I agree, people don't send out thank you notes quickly...if they do at all. My Mother always taught me to send a note. Guess people don't teach their kids that anymore.

I got one that quickly once too, it was amazing. She was afraid she might pop and not be able to send them later! I am so glad it was appreciated, one time I made one and my friend got 6 homemade blankets, and didn't spend much time on them as opposed to other gifts. Good job I had added extras!

I remember when my second daughter was born within 20 months of the first that I used the time in the hospital to write Thank You notes. This was long ago when I was in the Navy -- the Navy forced 3 days after a regular birth. My daughters were both huge (over 10 pounds; yes, I'm a Type 2 diabetic), so that earned me and them an extra day.

This was just great. To some people Thank you notes are second nature. They are taught as young children to not only say thank you in person or on the phone, but to also write a note.

I useally get "Got Package" from family. I figure I am lucky I found that much out.

I to admire anyone that pregnant with a toddler being able to write one that fast.:hook

Ha! I didn't even get "got package" for the lovely baby blanket I made from the Mary Maxim rainbow pastel starghan kit for my aunt and uncle!

It took six months to get a response to emails my mom sent them even acknowledging that they got the blanket. And then, it was only to say, "Oh, yeah, I thought we sent out a thank you note for that."

Ugh.

So, I can only imagine how awesome it must be to get a thank you note so promptly. They go on the "more crochet gifts" list!

ditto on getting one that quickly and it said that she and her DH were both so happy to get he blankets bc they both had things still that were handmade for them when they were babies so they were glad to have something for their son. I love these notes, they just make your day.

Archived