How many WIP's do you have going right now

I have it in my signature. Heh, as a constant reminder that I need to get to work. But this is what I have so far:

Doctor Who Scarf *this has been an ongoing WIP since January*

Triangle Shawl for Mom

Lapghan for Daddy

Scarf for Northern Friend #2

Cactus for boss lady

Cactus for other boss lady

Where did you get your pattern for the Dr. Who scarf? Would love to have one!!!

I try not to have more than three, otherwise I begin to go crazy. Usually, I have my morning project (the most difficult), my in-front-of-the-TV product (next difficult), and my traveling project (easy).

1) Cathedral Rose Afghan...that's a Christmas present to the family. No one knows about it yet. I've started it in January, and hope to get it done by Christmas. I've been keeping it at work and working on it during lunches and breaks..however I've been working on the small squares at home (they think I'm working on my charity afghan...see below). Once we get to crunch time, I might have to bring it home and find a secret place to work on it.

2) Charity afghan/Cincinnati Bengals afghan. I'm doing the football square challenge over in the 'ville's Charity forum. I attached some of my squares to an already crocheted Cincinnati Bengals emblem (a former UFO from last year...I wanted to make a Bengals afghan; the emblem was too small for an afghan, yet I didn't know how I wanted to enlarge it). A link to a picture of my progress is over on the football square thread.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57952&page=24

Since I posted, I added another row of squares on each side. I don't think I'll make it too much bigger. I'm adding a few rows of black around the afghan.

The end result will be raffled or auctioned off with the proceeds going towards the Combined Federal Campaign (government workers' United Way).

3) I just started Kim Guzman's Tunisian Throw Pillow class. I've never done Tunisian, so this will be a challenge. I'd like to make the pillows as a Christmas present for my inlaws. Hoping I can handle it.

I don't know if I'm going to try felting again or not. I'm thinking about trying to felt a purse for my youngest DD for Christmas. I'd have to hand felt though...my top-of-the-line Maytag Neptune front-loading washer wasn't made for felting.

I have to think. I have a Kitty Quilt, a Prairie Star quilt, a Plum granny/ripple combination, and ATW lapghan. Also a shrug and a jacket. I have about a dozen things in mind to do so I am trying desperately to get some of these done. :eek

Ok I am nuts. I know this so here goes my WIP list:

• 63 squares 3 afghans in different size hooks H, I and J all in

• 63 more squares 3 afghans in different size hooks H, I and J

• 63 cable stitches 3 afghans in different size hooks H, I and J

• One ripple that got broke and I am now repairing (took out up to hole and now have started redoing was non repairable, besides my stitches sucked)

• One very large ripple

• One cable afghan that is 85% done, I really need to work on this one again (aran cables)

• Lovely looks - neat to do no turning, single crochet in back loop and long double crochet not too far along

• Rose comfort - I lost the book a replacement is on the way

• Memory star - down to under 150 in granny squares then I can start connecting them

• A dragon off this board - all I have to do is assemble this weekend. I foresee more dragons for my desk and house.

16 total, not including those in planning. The 63 squares/cables (9 total) are long term (3-6 years) projects being done in TLC variegated. I figured they would be a neat way of comparing hook size results. Ripples get boring. I really went cable wild and all will be done this winter. I do need to add my packer scarf and hat to this list and few fur ball afghans. Then again the fur balls will just take what ever I am working on at the time for the lap.

You should keep in mind, I am a single techie with ADHD (I bounce and swap projects). I have a boring life, work (50-70hrs any one? this is down since I have new job), synagogue (board meetings), 5 furry meowing children, a mother who keeps me sane and a home to take care of. Crocheting is my sanity in a virtual world. I have 5-15 min trains to wait in traphic so granny squares work great. I am a home body who does not like to deal with people after work. I have yet to see any decent single Jewish guys worth the effort of dating. I live in Illinois, near the Wisconsin boarder, winter is coming the perfect time to crochet. What am I saying? Any time is great to crochet!

Laura

Laura, I am seriously impressed. I am not worthy. :nworthy I thought I was bad about starting things. :lol I know what you mean about getting bored with stuff. I've done a lot of clothing lately and have to say it is a little more interesting to work on. Maybe because you actually have to pay attention if you want it to work out. :hook You go girl.

Just finished: small beaded name bracelet for granddaughter and a beaded pearl bracelet for myself.

Still working: afghan using up my angora and alpaca scraps. It will go on the plane with me next week.

Just starting: pearl necklace to match my bracelet

Actually I think the easiest way to explain it is ADHD. I do actually finish projects which is the scary part. My ripple afghans get borring so I have branched out to cable crochet because it requires thought. If I concentrate on stuff for long periods of time my memory gets better. All of the 63 squares ones require thought. They also give me a great excuse to collect TLC variegated yarn:bounce. In a virutal world being able to relax and tune out the world is great. Of course that assumes my fur balls don't try and steel a lap and kick the project off of it:wink Well back to work.

Archived