Hello fellow crocheters!

janal14

Hi everyone! My name is Janelle. I've been hanging out for a while and recently got brave enough to introduce myself. Everyone should be proud of me. :clap I'm 21 and a senior at Illinois Wesleyan University (2 weeks to graduation!) I taught myself to crochet in February, as I'm just a generally crafty person.

I spend my summers at a summer camp in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. I'm the Counselor in Training (CIT) director this year, and I'm also going to be the arts and crafts supervisor. I'm hoping to teach crochet to help out some of our kids who have problems with their cabin (our camp tends to get a lot of ADD, ADHD, ODD, bipolar, etc.)

So I'll be here to chat between now and when I leave for camp (mid-May). My projects so far have been basic scarves and a bunch of hats. (Which will hopefully serve to keep ticks off my head at camp this year, as I came down with Lyme Disease, which is NOT fun). Now I'm working on my first afghan, a red, blue, and purple ripple pattern.

I'm so glad I found this forum, and am looking forward to projects that I can use for my special kids! :)

Hello Janelle! Have fun finding ideas...I'm a relatively new crocheter myself, and have been amazed by the array of cute ideas that i have seen from everyone! :c9

Archived