I just met the most amazing lady...

Please to to my blog and say hi to one of the most amazing ladies you'll ever meet, Golda

Golda is a crohetier I met in Montana during a recent road trip. She's such an astounding person that I just had to do a little piece on her in my blog.

Oh and please use the comment section to say Hi to her. She'll be reading the blog at a neighbors' house.

I just read your blog on Golda, truly remarkable, what a gift she is...so nice of you to make that hook for her. They don't make them like Golda anymore, enjoy her...blessings on her!

Thanks Granny Square... for the link and the kind words.

Golda is someone who has gone through life doing just amazing things without a whole lot of recognition, although i guess her local Lyons club made her an honorary member for all she does for the community.

I just thought she well deserves recognition for her crochet work which you can see in the blog would be very nice work for anyone half her age.

She's just plain amazing!

oh and another favor, please.

When you leave a little note for Golda... please let her know where you're from.

I promise you it'll make her day, especially if she hears from folks from other countries.

thanks again you guys...

Jimbo

I went to your blog for the first time today, Jimbo, and was so disappointed I couldn't leave you a comment! Signing into your blog host just means yet another name and password~I can't keep up!

Anyway, I loved your blog and beautiful hooks. Golda sounds like such a delight! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

http://titus2woman.wordpress.com

I completely agree on the writing Jimbo! I wish I could write like that!!!

Golda reminds me of my great grandmother (Mamaw) too. My Mamaw raised 4 boys out on a ranch. She was an amazing woman. Your story brought back soooo many memories! Although she didn't teach me to crochet, she was my inspiration for learning!

I didn't even read this whole post before I left my comment on your blog. But I told her hi from Texas! She sounds like an amazing woman.

Well thank you all for saying Hi to Golda. I'm sorry that some couldn't sign into the blog. I've no idea why that happens. But i'm so pleased you tried.

Maybe for those who can't sign in, i can block and copy the notes from here to her. I'll give it a try and see what happens. I'll bet it'll show me as the remarking party but maybe i can do something to let them know its not me doing the writing.

Thanks again for all your kind remarks. Golda will be so pleased.

You're special people, you crochetiers!

Jimbo

I edited the Golda post in my blog to include her recipe for Cranberry Kraut Meatballs. I thought it would be a neat touch to show it in her own hand, so its there as a photo.

Its amazing how similar her handwriting is to my Mom's. Spose all the kids from that era wrote similarly? Mom would have been a few years older than Golda, but grew up in Indiana.

Anyways..notice in the recipe she calls for a bottle of water. heh Golda's not sticking to ALL the old ways, eh?

Fun stuff!!

Granny, thank you for posting the link for me. It was well worth the trip.

she is an amazing woman. Thank you Jimbo for sharing her story with us.

I kind of miss the days when 'little old ladies' like her were everywhere around us. they did set a good example for us.

:ghug

Archived