Just made this up

I've been putting my regular sized skeins of yarn into a ziplock and leaving a corner open to keep my yarn from tangling as it shrinks.... and to keep it safe from my kids! But I couldn't fit the giant size skein of Red Heart SS into one...... so I stuck it in a bread bag! Works awesome. Just tie the top leaving a bit open and voila! I feel so handy!!!! :D

Pretty clever. Necessity is the mother of all invention. Thanks for sharing your neat solution.

It's much cheaper than a yarntainer!

:manyheart

I do believe I'm cheap to a fault...... ok and incredibly broke. The 12 upside down salad dressing and ketchup (etc) bottles in the fridge make my husband crazy! :think

I'm just savin' his hard earned paycheck..... FOR YARN!!!!! :hook

What a clever idea. Another idea is one I learned as a girl. Cut the top portion of a soda bottle off, insert the skein and place the top back on (around the bottom...you have to squeeze it a tad) . The yarn is threaded through the little hole at the top.

I cary most of my projects in galon zip bags. It keeps everything neat and together. I like the bread bag idea, I used one this morning as my lunch bag, because I forgot mine at the office Friday... oops...

I've been putting my regular sized skeins of yarn into a ziplock and leaving a corner open to keep my yarn from tangling as it shrinks.... and to keep it safe from my kids! But I couldn't fit the giant size skein of Red Heart SS into one...... so I stuck it in a bread bag! Works awesome. Just tie the top leaving a bit open and voila! I feel so handy!!!! :D

I was doing this for a while, but my yarn kept getting trapped in the zipper, so I took a hole punch and made a little round hole in the side of the bag right below the zipper and that took care of the problem. :)

Elle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived