Crocheted blankets for sale at Cath Kidston

damekiri

I was pretty amazed to see the prices of the blankets in here!

Cath Kidston

Perhaps there are some people around who actually appreciate the cost of hand-made crocheted items, at least to a degree. There are tea and egg cozies on there too. I was excited.

PS I have no idea why this is underlined but I can't get rid of it. I don't know why it started either...

The green one was the inspiration behind the afghan that Posie is making at her blog (Posie Gets Cozy) which then evolved into the Granny Along blog thats run (mostly) by Kim Werker of Crochet Me and Interweave Crochet.

So, is that price like in dollars?

I don't think anyone would pay me $160 for a crocheted blanket, altho it's worth it. Alot of time goes into that.

I had a boss once, who asked me to crochet her this "crocheted house" one time. It was like a Christmas house, in very tiny thread, sparkly, pretty, but very detailed.

She had the nerve to tell me "You know your time is only worth about 25 cents per hour."

I said, "There is no way I am going to make that for you at 25 cents an hour." That was probably in the 1980's.

I don't think anyone would pay me $160 for a crocheted blanket, altho it's worth it. Alot of time goes into that.

I had a boss once, who asked me to crochet her this "crocheted house" one time. It was like a Christmas house, in very tiny thread, sparkly, pretty, but very detailed.

She had the nerve to tell me "You know your time is only worth about 25 cents per hour."

I said, "There is no way I am going to make that for you at 25 cents an hour." That was probably in the 1980's.

ya know people like that drive me nuts, what we are slaves to their wants then, i would much rather give something i made to someone who wanted it so bad but could not afford to buy it(like someone who told me how much they liked it how pretty ect.) than sell even for full price to someone like your old boss, i figured my salary out one time when i was making a afghan for someone, was very detailed ect,. i decided to just see how much it would be worth even at minimum wage came to 450.00, of course there was no way i could get that price, but when i told the buyer that she said i believe it,if i had it i would pay you that. so at least she understood, as it was i charged 120.00, but was for a king size detailed afghan

by the way sweetie welcome to the ville. nice to see new faces

Those prices were in British pounds. I used one of those online converters and the one that cost "160" was approx. $321.00!

Interesting, no?

Nice! Oh, and either you selected the underline icon at the top of the message box or you accidentally hit the control button and the u button on your keyboard at the same time while writing your email. No biggie, but the teacher in me jumping up to answer you. Patty

Well that's what I'd thought! But, I selected the text and tired to de-underline it, and it wouldn't go away. I deleted all the underlined text... Underline wouldn't go away. Tried everything I could think of. Just remained underlined. Hence, the disclaimer :)

Those prices were in British pounds. I used one of those online converters and the one that cost "160" was approx. $321.00!

Interesting, no?

That's what I was getting at... Do you not think that's obscene?! It is just a basic granny squares blanket. I am just astounded. I see blankets just like that in charity stores for £5, and then for £160 in Cath Kidston. Absolutely astounding.

Well, I get the Cath Kidston catalogue delivered to my house... This is the second catalogue they've appeared in, so I can only assume they are selling... EVERYTHING at Cath Kidston seem hideously overpriced imo (£50 / $100 for pyjamas?!) but they seem to continue to sell... They joys of being a "designer fabric/shabby chic label", I guess... I could never afford anything from there. I get it delivered then look for ideas to make stuff haha! Ideas for interior design lol

Holy smoke!

In Australian dollars its worse - we're talking nearly $400!:eek

I've nearly finished an all wool, with occasional pieces of alpaca scrapghan and it would cost no where near that - even if I calculated cost of making it.

Its not even like the patterns are hard! They're just granny squares!!!

Manda

Archived