Showing these off, but needing some ideas! - angels

SnoAngel

I'm new here, and am needing some ideas. In my introductions I was telling about taking over a Christmas ornament tradition for my Grandma who passed in April, well I have two almost done and just need to assemble the others. I am stumped though. Every year the ornaments my Grandma made had our pictures on them, for example she would make flat wreathes and put the picture in the opening, or make angels and put our pictures so that it looked like the angel was holding or wearing them. Anyhow, beings this will be our first Christmas without her I decided angels would be fitting. So I made these Granny Square angels, but am stumped on how to do the picture. Everything Grandma ever did was starched but I am not wanting to do that so I want to figure out how to do the picture. I am thinking something that hangs from the angels hands or something like that, KWIM? It doesn't have to be crocheted though. Does any one have any ideas?

101_2412.jpg

101_2413.jpg

I used to make tiny little crocheted wreaths, like to wear as a lapel pin during Christmas holidays.

I don't have the pattern anymore. {someone borrowed my patterns, and never returned them.}

Could you do something like that and glue the picture to the back of the ornament, enabling you to see the picture thru the opening.

Sorry I can't help you with the pattern.

I bet someone has it, on these boards.

I also used to make ice skates...no pattern for that now, either.

They were made on a large paper clip.

Would be cute to put an angel on ice skates, too. {Just my thoughts.}

Why don't you copy off some small pictures of your grandmother's face and cut them out in a circle and put a bead of gold glitter glue around them and have the angel holding the picture maybe with a gold cord. This could be in tribute to her, and that way yours wouldn't have to look exactly like hers and start a new tradition your way. :)

The other day I saw tiny little frames that are used in scrapbooking, from what I can tell of the size of your angels, they'd be about the right scale for the angel to hold one of them. You could put your pictures in the frames ..........just a thought :angel

I am making ornaments for a show coming up and they are using fuse beads as she base with an image in the middle and then I am edging them with sequins and seed beads that I am hand sewing on .. this might work for your angels ...

Let me see if I can get a good photo of a few of the ones I have done (well I have to make one right quick seeing as I have already packaged the finished one lol) and I'll post the photo to give you a better idea what I am talking about..

Could you tell me the size of the finished angel?

Kristy:c9

I am making ornaments for a show coming up and they are using fuse beads as she base with an image in the middle and then I am edging them with sequins and seed beads that I am hand sewing on .. this might work for your angels ...

Let me see if I can get a good photo of a few of the ones I have done (well I have to make one right quick seeing as I have already packaged the finished one lol) and I'll post the photo to give you a better idea what I am talking about..

Could you tell me the size of the finished angel?

They are about 7 inches long from halo to point on the front of the dress.

Thank you all for all compliments and ideas, keep 'em coming! I will have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby to look for those scrapbooking frames!!

I have the pattern for the ice skates on paper clip if you want it.

Last year I made a pile of them and put them in all of our christmas cards and my sons also put them in theirs.

I forgot to mention how cute I thought that the angels look.

Where did you get the pattern?

Each year I make my sons an ornament each to hang on our tree and they know whose is whose. The idea being that they can take their own with them when they leave home - and this way they take a little of the family with them.

I would love to make them an angel each if you can tell me where you got the pattern.

Hope that you solve your photo problem.

I forgot to mention how cute I thought that the angels look.

Where did you get the pattern?

Each year I make my sons an ornament each to hang on our tree and they know whose is whose. The idea being that they can take their own with them when they leave home - and this way they take a little of the family with them.

I would love to make them an angel each if you can tell me where you got the pattern.

Hope that you solve your photo problem.

I found the pattern at http://members.aol.com/lffunt/gsangels.html

They are adorable!

and how wonderful of you to be carrying on your Grandmother's tradition:c9

I was thinking that you could paste a photo onto a circle of card and then chain a circle to go around and then work a border (even with beads?) to paste over the edge?

Really great work!!!:clap

Manda

Wow what a cool pattern and they work up fast.. Snoangel this is what I did with mine I am letting her hold a snowflake!

snowangel1.jpg

snowangel2.jpg

Sorry for the clutter behind her it was the only place I could hang her to get a photo of her..

Archived