Help, I need ideas...

Donna's crochet Designs

Question

Help I need ideas for designs for Christmas. Normally I'm overflowing with ideas when it comes to Christmas, but not this year. I have my own website and always begin to offer orginial Christmas patterns by now, but I've no ideas!

Any thing out there you would like to see in a design?

I perfer ideas for things yet seen in crochet.

Thanks for your help!

10 answers to this question

My sister has a tree that she decorates in southwestern ornaments, so that might be an idea. I just have no clue how to make cowboy hats, or horses, or chili peppers and such.

I have also seen nature ornaments, like birds and nests and such.

I like the old world Santa Clause people.

Themed snow men.... cowboys, indians, policemen, firemen, and so on.

If I can think of anything else, I will add it.

I don't know if these were the types of items you were thinking of.

What about gifts for yourself for Christmas? I know I rarely keep/use/wear what I crochet...it all goes to someone else. So what about goodies to be good to yourself this year? A beatiful wrap or shawl? Something easy and quick but just for me. :D

Lots of people give washcloths as gifts so what about designing a nice basket for the "gift basket" that will include the washcloths?

if you could design a basket that is just a bit unique, it would be very welcome I think.

How about choosing a theme and then designing around that? I remember one lady I worked with for a while, had a bear theme for Christmas and she was looking for little teddy bears to put on her tree.

Or even a color theme. Old world Christmas color. Or Traditional Christmas Color.

How about a Pet Christmas designs. I don't think there is a lot out there. Maybe an ornament for them? A bed? A stocking? Toys.

How about a Christmas Town theme? Maybe design an entire town. People too. Pets. Cars. Streets. All decorated for Christmas. A small town maybe?

I love crochet Christmas decorations.

Not sure what else.

Debbi

How about choosing a theme and then designing around that? I remember one lady I worked with for a while, had a bear theme for Christmas and she was looking for little teddy bears to put on her tree.

Or even a color theme. Old world Christmas color. Or Traditional Christmas Color.

Not sure what else.

Debbi

When I read your post, my first thought was of Della Robia designs. I wonder how you could do that in crochet... :think:think:think

http://tinyurl.com/38u5xg

I wonder if you could crochet a little Christmas tree? You know, like a table top thing - I don't have any idea how you could do it, but wouldn't that be adorable felted.

Oh felted items. That is so hot right now and I don't think there was much before in Christmas items.

Thanks for all the ideas.

I normally like to theme my Christmas ideas.

I really like the character snowmen.

I'll have to look more at the Della Robic line, that will be real challenge there!

I have already done a table top tree pattern a couple of years ago. It sales well every year. I've never tried to felt anything before. How drastic does it change something you have to stuff?

Archived