Felted Market Bag with Flowers

inkberry

I posted this over at Craftster a while ago. I thought it would be nice to share here too.

This is a bag I made using the Country Market Felted Bag pattern from Marlo's Crochet Corner ~ http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/patterns%20for%20sale.html

I crocheted it with two strands of Paton's Jet (an Australian worsted weight, angora and wool blend yarn) and a little bit of variegated Twilley's Freedom wool.

All the images are clickable.

Here it is before felting:

th_11_27_2.jpg

And here it is afterwards:

th_daisyandrosecrochet_55.jpg

I stopped the felting process before I lost the stitch definition as I liked the texture made by the hdcs.

Here's a picture that gives a better indication of the finished bag's shape:

th_daisyandrosecrochet_38.jpg

Finally, the felted flowers:

th_daisyandrosecrochet_42.jpg

It was easy to crochet, fun to felt and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for looking.

:)

I was wondering if you could tell me how to felt. I made a hat that was too big and I thought if I felted it maybe it would shrink? Any thoughts on your end would be great. Thanks britt:manyheart

Thank you so much, everybody, for your lovely comments.

I really appreciate them!

:)

I was wondering if you could tell me how to felt. I made a hat that was too big and I thought if I felted it maybe it would shrink? Any thoughts on your end would be great. Thanks britt:manyheart

Hi britt! I found some felting instructions for you, posted by Mama Chelle here at Crochetville.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=493075&postcount=164

Your hat should felt if it is made out of animal fibres and they are hand washable. Synthetics won't felt and neither will machine washable yarns. White yarn doesn't felt well either, apparently. The felting process will probably change the dimensions of your hat. My bag's width shrank more than its height when it was felted (if that makes sense.) You can sort of see the change in dimension in the before and after photos.

I hope this helps.

I'd love to hear how you go. Have fun!

Archived