Honest Opinion About Colors Needed

I've started on my next Peaches & Cream afghan. It's an easy one, just rows of V-stitches. But I'm not sure about the colors I've chosen. The green is called light sage green and the ombre is fiesta. Do they go together?

fiestagreen.jpg

The pattern is alternating 10 rows of green with 6 rows of fiesta. The stripes run vertically down the 'ghan.

I'm just not certain about the colors. :think My fear is that the ombre is "too much" for the green...

I love the green, but then again, green is my favorite color! As for the ombre....I not fond of the pink/red in it.....but that's just me.

Good luck in your decision!!

I love the Fiesta Ombre color, but I'm not sure that the sage green is the best match for it, either.

You know if you aren't sure of it now, if you make the whole afghan, you'll always look at it and say, "that doesn't look right", lol!

To match the sage, I'd go with one of the ombres/variegateds that has the blue/green/tan type combination, with a green that is very simliar to the the sage.

The green in the Fiesta just doesn't match the sage green. If it did, I think it would look perfect.

I think it looks OK. But once it is done the ombre might over power the green. You may want to go with some more earth tones for that part. If I was that unsure about it, I would change it. You don't want to get done with it, or half way done, and then not like it. There's just way too much time and effort that goes into making an afghan(or anything else) to not like the finished product.

It depends on who you're making it for. If it's for yourself, then frog it since you're having doubts. If it's for a friend who like bright spunky stuff than keep going. I think the sage green is too toned down for the fiesta. If you're making it for someone who likes toned down stuff than maybe pair the green with another solid.

BTW what pattern are you using for your eco-friendly shopping tote? I've been wanting to make some, but I'm not happy with the pattern I found.

You asked for an honest opinion so here is mine, no they don't go together at all.

To make colors work they need to either be in the same shade or the same tone. The green is not the same tone as the brights.

I also have to agree with those that said if you're not happy now, you won't be happy as you go along.

:)

Well, I happen to love the sage green, and the Ombre looks pretty too. The green is in the ombre, but I think the green is over powering the ombre. It is too much of the plain green and not enough of the ombre that attracts attention. Try folding some of the green under and looking at the piece, it will give you a more pronounced ombre and I think you may like the look more. It so then switch the rows so that the ombre has the most rows. HTH

Thank you SO MUCH for your honest answers! Y'all are putting into words what I couldn't. I'm going to stop before I go too far. Besides, all little :2frog never hurt anybody! :P

Of course, now that I'm changing colors, that means I'm going to have to ORDER MORE YARN!!!!!!! HELLO ELMORE-PISGAH! I love enablers!

i think its ok. just ok. but if you are second guessing yourself now you will be through out the whole project. trust me. i just finished one that i second guessed my self the whole way through. but the final decision is yours. good luck

i'm with ladycats on the green overwhelming the ombre. I was thinking a row of white/cream on either side of the ombre would let it stand out more. just mho.

Ruth

Archived