Bought 21 skeins of ribbon yarn on impulse...

boo1

Question

they were on sale for $1 each. The ribbon is about 1/4 inch wide, 88 yards per sk. Color is pink, dark pink, blue.....

Just thinking........:think

12 answers to this question

That Hobo Bag is gorgeous. I made mine from Ticker Tape but I think Incredible would work too (obviously, since it worked for Suzy. :) Also, on the Lion Brand site, look for the "Bronze Beauty" shawl pattern. Costs $2.50 but it's great... I made one in Incredible and one in Ticker Tape and get oodles of compliments.

Heather

I just made a spiral scarf last night using some ribbon ladder yarn. It's really pretty and my niece will love it! I just did 101 chains and dc into the 3rd chain from the hook and then did 2 dc in each stitch. It's quite thin but that's what I was going for. Once you get to the end, you could chain 2, turn and put 2dc in each stitch....that would give you a wider scarf and the spiral would be even more noticeable.

Oh lucky you.. I've been searching for that for a little bit.. found 3 balls at Ben Franklins and it was clearanced but not enough for a shawl (that I won the pattern on the auction)

Someone on 'ville made a real nice beach bag out of that ribbon also but I am sure you will create something fabulous with it.

:manyheart

I keep waiting for my dollar store to do this. I need some for a project. :) I'd try pretty much any pattern you like with it. It's basically like any other type of yarn just flat. So Do a few test swatches with different stitches and stitch patterns.

If you have 21 skeins you should have more than enough for a few swatches.

My guess would be a long detailed stitch or simple long stitch type would best show off the yarn but that may not be what you are going for. Play with it a bit and see. :)

And show us pics if you do swatches. I'm sure other people would love to get ideas!

Lion brand also has a list of patterns specifically for this yarn so here you go:

http://cache.lionbrand.com//yarns/incredible.htm

Just scroll to the bottom.

If they are the lion brand ones I bought a ton also since our $1 store had them.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/yarns/incredible.htm

The rainbow ribbon scarf pattern on the label says you need 3 for one scarf so I bought 3 of each color they had thinking I would give these as gifts. Mary

These are about half the width of Incredible. I think I'll try the spiral scarf.

:)

they were on sale for $1 each. The ribbon is about 1/4 inch wide, 88 yards per sk. Color is pink, dark pink, blue.....

Just thinking........:think

If this is the Lion Brand "Incredible" (I bought a "few" at Dollar Tree recently) it's great for bags and purses, and maybe a matching hat and scarf too. I think the hat I made with it I used an "I" hook... maybe H?

Anyway, some of what I got at $Tree is becoming wings on otherwise fuzzy amigurumi.

There are some very pretty patterns in Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace that call for ribbon yarn! :) The Farpoint Topper or the Rissa Robe, offhand.

Archived