Looky what I got!

I went to NJ for my sister's graduation. While there my Gram asked me if I wanted to go through her yarn...WOULD I???? She used to crochet...started to teach me when I was young..anyway...she has 2 buckets of yarn, knitting and crochet needles, etc. SHe told me to go thrugh and get what I like and might use. Well I wanted it ALL!! :D And she was willing to give it to me but I only had so much room in my bags. So this is what I got. Plus an afghan needle too! I have always wanted to try to use one but didn't want to purchase something I may never use...

th_P1000052.jpg

Too, too cool! :cheer:clap:yay

When I met my DH's grandmother (before we married) she had already been told I was a crocheter. We happily spent a couple of hours going through her old patterns and bags and bags of yarn. My DH sat, drank coffee and smiled thru it all. When this lovely woman died a couple of months later, she left me all her patterns, hooks & yarn and her favorite coffee pot. That woman knew what was important :manyheart

That's great! Grandmothers kick serious booty! :D Mine has recently been trying to find all of her yarn (she goes to yard sales and auctions nearly every weekend when the weather is good, so it's all gotten buried in closets and the basement) and as she finds it, she sends it to me. Woohoo! :yay

She's an awesome Gram! The greatest thing about this find was that I cannot find rug yarn here ANYWHERE here! Now I have 6 skeins of green and 3 of red! I'm thinking something for the house for x-mas???!!! :D I just can't wait to get into the boxes some more!!

Ohhhhh, lucky you!!! I would LOVE for someone to give me a bunch of skeins of black yarn like that! Then I could start my Rose Cathedral Window pattern! :lol Congrats and enjoy your gift! :cheer

Elle

Grandmoms rock. Mine passed away almost 12 years ago and my grandfather is still finding her yarn stash. She was alos a quilter so when she passed away I got the yarn and my cousin got the quilting supplies. I got a call a few months ago from Poppop saying I found this bag of momma's and I'm just going to throw it out. I told him to leave it and that I would come check it out. I found some really brand new skeins of yarn in red, some white, a few skeins of brown and a few pattern books that taught a really neat technique. NiYa :yarn

Archived