I'm Falling For You .......................

JulieKay

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have about 240 squares left on my ATW, so I'll have about three weeks left on it. I may just have to do a big push to see if I can get it done before that, but I'm really inconsistant with how much I can get done from one day to the next. We'll see!

Hey Tabby, that is so great that you got everything you need for your 'ghan. Goodness, you'd think it was almost planned that way or somethin'.... :)

Is this the one you are talking about??This one is the join as you go to :think

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/free-patterns/Baby-Blocks-LW1299.pdf

I might sit down tonight and try sewing a few together to see what it looks like.I think it might look better.

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. Don't know why I thought it was sewn...

Hello,

I am new to crochetville and if it is not to late I would like to join this crochet along. I would like to crochet a version of the afghan that has the tree and the pumpkins. But I would like to make it smaller. 300+ tiny squares scares me. :scared

I am also working on the prairie star. I finished the white part and then lost the instructions to see how the rest of it went together. I didn't know what the afghan was called. So I have been searching for the thing for years. :( Finally I joined this forum hoping to find the pattern so I can finish. I am absolutely stunned that after looking for that pattern for so long everyone is talking about it. LOL And after looking around the rest of the forum I couldn't resist trying other things. :hook

Hi, New Neighbor Amy! Welcome:hug

I'm lurking here - no time to make one of these gorgeous creations till next year:(

So...do you have ideas on how to make the pattern you like smaller?

Have fun with the PS, too...you'll have lots of company!:hook ...just NOT ME!

Hi there Amy

And welcome-- it's never too late to join.

Did you end up finding the PS pattern online ?

It's available if you just type it into your search ,it's on the purple kitty yarns website free of charge .

Are you using the same colors they had listed or different ones ?

I did find it on purple kitty. Some nice ladies in the clinic pointed it out to me. After finding the name of the Afghan I did a search with the name. It is so much easier to find that way. :)

I pretty much stuck to the colors. I changed the greens slightly in order to use the colors I already had. Other than that I stuck with the colors. I am afraid that I might run out of wheat before I finish. I had bought enough of it at the beginning but I guess over the years I have suffered from yarn shrinkage. :think

Hello everyone-me again. I have finished three rows of my first maple leaf square-the orange leaf on the dark brown background looks terrific. I will post pictures as soon as I can, but I won't say for sure when, cuz I am still half living out of boxes yet. Anyone else making progress?

Welcome Craftylady....cant wait to see what you do!!!

Ok Ladies here is my playing around with sewing the PS together,i do think it looks better then join as you go!!I also on the last row did a DC in each DC instead of the CH 1 skip one,so i have 7 Dc along each edge...So i think i might do that....i dont mind the sewing together.

Clickable

th_Picture008-1.jpg

Shay it looks good sewn together. I think when I start it I'll try both the pattern and your way and see which I like better. :yes I don't mind frogging at the beginning to see which is better. I'd rather do that than get halfway and think maybe I should have done it the other way.

Welcome, Amy! :hook

Gina ~Looking forward to pictures. :) I haven't decided on a pattern yet, but whatever it is, it won't be completed for this fall. :blush

Shaylen, that is looking great. What other colors are you using?

Shay - That looks great. I actually think it looks better sewn too. I've already started mine using the join as you go method. I think I'll keep going with that, but if I ever do a diamond one again (tumbling blocks or baby blocks...) I'll probably sew it.

so was the problem with the join-as-you-go method for the prairie star that it wouldn't lie flat? If so, it would appear that Shaylen has a solution to the problem! that being the case-there may be a prairie star in my future as well. I love the fall colors also. and the fall scents. went into wal-mart the other day & stocked up on mulled cider, pumpkin spice & apples & cinnamon candles. Mmmmmmm...

Donna

Thats what i have been doing is just playing around try to find the way i like best....i have started so many of these PS that i would like to to finish one so im hoping this will help,becouse i hate the join as you go!!Like you i would rather play now then when im farther into it.

Mary

Not totally for sure yet...i have a lot of Ranch Red and Varigeted Fall so im starting with that,i also have allot of Buff so that may go next....then again i could change my mind :lol

Gina

I love the fall scents to and bought alot of candles the other day....makes me feel like i can cook good :D

That's so funny! Makes me feel like I can cook too! Ha ha ha..Slavin' away over a hot stove...NOT.

The reason that I haven't tried a few of the jpion as you go patterns is that for some reason I just cant seem to get my hands around the concept. Maybe because I am a lefty? Same thing with reverse sc. Can't quite seem to get that to look right either..

Well I tossed the ghost ghan. That sucker would just be way too big. The width was 61 inches. And that's before the edging. I don't know anyone that would want a ghost ghan that huge. So I may convert it into a graph ghan at a later time. So I guess my fall ghan will be the PS.

Archived