I love my new finds!

I went to my local thrift store (Savers) today and hit the jackpot BIG TIME! here is what I got.

19 crochet pamplets from 1970's, 80's and some 90's. Most of them vintage or Annies type magazines - $ .25 - $.69 each (total $6.51)

12 spools of crochet thread mixed colors and sizes - $6

6 skiens of cream yarn - brand new never opened cashmier 6 oz skiens $6

8 skiens assorted yarn - some used $5

4 hooks - d, g, h, j - $.25

Total spent $23.76 + tax

Congrats on the great find. A couple of months ago we had a founders day event here. There is 100s of people having yard sales on one short strip of highway for this event.

When the weekend was near over everybody was trying to clear out what they had so they didn't have to pack it up.

One group of sellers was ALL crafts and they were selling at 90% off the already low price. I grabbed every craft magazine I could find.

You gotta love these sales. :cheer

Quite a few years ago, when a Savers store opened not too far from me, I stopped in to see what they had. I did see some yarns, but they were small balls of assorted colors, and I thought the prices were way to high for what was in the bag. I guess it's time to go back and see what bargains I might find. Another place you can sometimes find bargains of yarns, crochet patterns etc., is the thrift shops run by local churches, hospitals and charities like Cancer Care etc., as well as garage sales. I once got a large trash bag full of yarns for $10.00. Of course, most of it is gone by now.

Archived