How can I get a nice circle base in the round?

eli1118

Question

12 answers to this question

Are you starting off with a "chain" circle or a "loop" circle?? If you start off with a "loop" circle to work your first row into, then you can tighten the yarn to suit!!! I will have a look and see if I can find a photo or something to illustrate.

Friends,

thanks for all the advice--I am sooooooooooo new at this. I started with a chain circle b/c that seemed easier than the loop. When I tried the loop it got all tangled up! I am going to try the circle again. I am trying to learn how to do this so that I can make amigurumis. I'm crazy arent' I?

No, you are not crazy. There is a formula for making circles. Try this.

For your 2nd rnd, work increase in every stitch (work 2 sts in each stitch)

Next rnd, increase in every 2nd stitch.

Next rnd, increase in every 3rd stitch.

Keep adding one more stitch between increases on each rnd.

Jean Leinhauser

Creative Partners

i love the magic circle.. however with that I always join before I pull tight.makes it easier to find the right stitch.. i have even started my other projects with the magic circle.. it just gives a really nice look to the project

:)

If you can get any Magic Crochet magazine, they always have an illustration of this in their stitches section. They don't call it Magic Circle -- it's simply under the section "to begin.."

i picked myself up a copy of "the crochet answer book". and it is pretty good. it tells you how to make circles, oval and more. if you have a michaels around you get a couple and you can save 40 to 50 percent and worth it. i am still looking into getting some other books though! to help me learn more!

oh i am sure you can find directions online but just remember to bookmark them.

You guys are great!! I am going to try this. I am working on the circle today so, here I go~~I appreciate all the support. I love this site.:clap

Archived