Painted doily CAL?- is anyone interested?

Thanks Karen for your assessment. I think it was a good learning experience. I'm pretty sure too, that it will never go on display anywhere!

I'm still thinking of Autumn shades for the next one. I have a ton of old Magic Crochet and Decorative Crochet magazines in storage. I think I need to get into the archives and find a pattern (after the games are over)!

Till then, Good luck with all your projects, I'll be watching,

Happy crocheting,

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first one isn't on display, either--but my second one is! The third one was a gift, and I'm in the middle of the 4th one. Here's a progress pic:

2737980713_ac37e47ddb.jpg

Remember, it is sewing thread. This is a really close shot.

I'm planning to mount/frame this one as wall art.

My first one isn't on display, either--but my second one is! The third one was a gift, and I'm in the middle of the 4th one. Here's a progress pic:

2737980713_ac37e47ddb.jpg

Remember, it is sewing thread. This is a really close shot.

I'm planning to mount/frame this one as wall art.

Beautiful colors! How many rounds is it? How many colors?

:lol - you've created a monster here!

Looks great.

Hi everyone, I am so interested in this technique, and have read through all 21 pages of posts to get all needed notes...can you say desperately bored??? First let me say that every doily on here is beautiful. I want to start one as soon as the CGOAG are done. my question is that I know that many people last year used embroidery thread...but I dont remember seeing what kind of sewing thread Krakovianka used. Was it embroidery thread, or jut the regular spools of sewing thread? TIA.

I used just reg sewing thread, I have my new pattern all picked out and my thread, but just got a couple of doily orders so will have to finish the money makers before I start on something for me....

..but I dont remember seeing what kind of sewing thread Krakovianka used. Was it embroidery thread, or jut the regular spools of sewing thread? TIA.

Just plain, old polyester sewing thread.

Archived