Interweave Felt

angieInCA

The nerve! I don't think they like us crocheter's. Look how long it took them to get us our own magazine. They could at least put crochet felting in the FELT magazine! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I am just wondering how they felt around rings without crocheting!!! It might have crochet patterns in it, but not so obvious that they list it...

True they could have some crochet embelishments in the patterns but from the list it seems obvious that there are no crochet patterns. What about the people who cannot knit? And if there are crochet patterns why not state Knit AND Crochet Felt?????

I think I discussed this ad naseum last week. I agree with you all. And I'm pleased to see some of you have already started emailing. THAT'S GOOD. You should be upset. I was when I got that email.

As well, the "Knitting Daily" newsletter that I've been getting PROMISED crochet, spinning, and dyeing too, but I've yet to see any of that materialize. My issue: Why call it "Knitting Daily" when you proport to have crochet in there too? Don't the realize they are offending the other half of the fiber-lovin' community? Apparently not. That's where YOU come in...

I'm preparing my email about both of these issues. Trust me when I say that emails DO help. Anyone reading this ought to get an email out to them ASAP before crochet is long forgotten by the other Interweave venues.

Interweave's contact form:

http://interweave.com/help/comments.asp

Here's the response I received from my email:

Dear Ellen,

Thanks for voicing your opinion about the lack of crocheted-felted

projects in Interweave Felt--we'll consider your request for future

issues.

Best wishes,

Amy Clarke Moore

Editor, Spin-Off magazine

Interweave Press, Inc.

201 E. 4th St.

Loveland CO 80537-5655

(970) 613-4682

AmyC@Interweave.com

www.Interweave.com

As well, the "Knitting Daily" newsletter that I've been getting PROMISED crochet, spinning, and dyeing too, but I've yet to see any of that materialize. My issue: Why call it "Knitting Daily" when you proport to have crochet in there too? Don't the realize they are offending the other half of the fiber-lovin' community? Apparently not. That's where YOU come in...

I was wondering how I got signed up for the Knitting Daily newsletter. I must have seen something about it promising crochet topics as well, but I haven't seen any crochet in it either.

I think I discussed this ad naseum last week. I agree with you all. And I'm pleased to see some of you have already started emailing. THAT'S GOOD. You should be upset. I was when I got that email.

I'm preparing my email about both of these issues. Trust me when I say that emails DO help. Anyone reading this ought to get an email out to them ASAP before crochet is long forgotten by the other Interweave venues.

Interweave's contact form:

http://interweave.com/help/comments.asp

I just sent off my email about lack of crocheting in the FELT magazine. Thanks for the link!

I just bought this issue today....while I agree with all of you regarding the lack of crochet patterns....they could have at least included one pattern for crochet....there is still a wealth of other information in this issue regarding other ways to felt. The ruffles and ripples scarf uses nuno felting; there is an article about begining needle felting, also how to make felted beads; to name a few. I think there were 9 patterns for knitting, but there is also 11 articles or patterns for items that don't use knitting.

I personaly love the weekend getaway satchel pattern. I think that one could be easily converted to crochet. They give you the chart. I also love the watercolor lily beret. It has given me a great idea on how to embelish my crocheted felted items with needle felting.....just my opinion as always!

I agree. Throw me a bone, I say. But with that said, I also feel that if we're going to complain, we ought to get off our behinds and send them some submissions (It's my "don't complain unless you have a solution" attitude towards things.)

We have some talented folks here who could do it.

I agree. Throw me a bone, I say. But with that said, I also feel that if we're going to complain, we ought to get off our behinds and send them some submissions (It's my "don't complain unless you have a solution" attitude towards things.)

We have some talented folks here who could do it.

You are so right! I guess I should get off my rear and get to writing some of my patterns and send them something :yes

The worst they can say is no.

I emailed them but I haven't received a response. The Interweave Felt issue does look interesting though. I may buy it and send them another email anyway 'cause they should NEVER forget the crocheters out here!!

Archived